Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you leave candles unattended?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Stheno wrote: »
    If they are in a big jar on a flat surface then yes.

Only last week, we had a large Yankee candle in a jar on the fireplace, large bang...jar exploded and only then we noticed the room full of smoke as the jar was burning the wood fire surround....be careful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

accidentally yes, but if I remember theres candles lit before I leave the room Ill always blow them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They dont taste like tea and singe my beard when I try to drink them.

Imo, they probably taste more like coffee than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

My housemates do it all the time and it makes me nervous. Sometimes they'll light a candle in the sitting room or hall and leave it lighting then go to their room. My mam drummed it into me growing up to never leave candles unattended so sometimes I just blow them out..

What are your thoughts AH? Would you leave a candle unattended?

No i am the same as you op. I hate it when someone leaves them unattended.

but also dont let the remote control fall in spaces on the sofa. Apparently that can cause fires too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Battery operated candles do the trick for me. I always keep them around for the inevitable winter powercut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Battery operated candles do the trick for me. I always keep them around for the inevitable winter powercut

Are they hard to light ? Or are you talking about torches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Akrasia wrote: »
    Because they leave black rings on your expensive coffee table when an idiot leaves them on the wood without putting something underneath them

that's why

Ohh look at you with your coffee table , very la di dah .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember my mother was desperate for that, the silly woman would light stupid candles all over the house during the day. She'd head off down town and leave them lighting. She'd also leave the house unlocked and the keys in the car ignition. One of the most careless people I've ever known.

The inevitable did finally happen with the car btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Are they hard to light ? Or are you talking about torches?

They look, smell and feel like a candle is lighting but have small batteries and are safe.

http://www.candleimpressions.com/documents/Image/Mirage%20Landing%20Page.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ohh look at you with your coffee table , very la di dah .

What've you got? A tea shelf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Would you leave a candle unattended?

Of course i do. Why not?

The candle is sat in a glass. Whats going to happen? Is the glass going to explode and send flame everywhere? No. Its an irrational fear OP, rooted in the days when we didn't have windows and the house was made out of wood and straw.

Advertisement