Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insanely high Ram usage after Fresh Install on Idle

Options
  • 23-09-2015 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Recently my 4 year old Barracuda drive died,so I swapped for a WD Caviar Black 1tb...Windows is up and running fine however I've noticed something VERY annoying
    20 minutes after booting
    44094cc44a63e107ed2e07653df58cd9.png

Upon booting up windows shows me that the total ram usage is usually 2-3 Gigs (Very high compared to the 1.2 that I had before)

But here comes the part that's got me going crazy...after around 3-4 hours of usage this jumps right up to idling around 12-13gbs of ram out of my 16.

I'm running a pretty fresh install of Windows 7 x64 and all drivers are good to go :confused:

4 hours into use (This is idling, not in intensive use...It's not the Ram dimms themselves because i've swapped through 2 sets)

e2eeb55f290adbf5c1431bf9a393e95b.png
    I have 16gb of DDR3 ram in total.

Comments

Advertisement