Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny taken king - update needed after purchase?

Options
  • 24-09-2015 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Thinking of picking this up tomorrow, hard copy.

Does anyone know if an update is required after the install? If so, what size is it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not too sure if the DLC is on the disc or needs to be downloaded but I just bought Destiny last week but without The Taken King and the update I had to download was 17GB but if The Taken King is on the disc you shouldn't need to download that much...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Not too sure if the DLC is on the disc or needs to be downloaded but I just bought Destiny last week but without The Taken King and the update I had to download was 17GB but if The Taken King is on the disc you shouldn't need to download that much...

Bought it the other day the taken king is not on the taken king disk and requires a 17gb download :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Bought it the other day the taken king is not on the taken king disk and requires a 17gb download :(

That is pretty pathetic to be fair, hate when they do that... Means that even if the game sucks you can't trade it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That is pretty pathetic to be fair, hate when they do that... Means that even if the game sucks you can't trade it :mad:

The 17gb was the patch that every Destiny player got not just those who bought the Dlc, the dlc off the store was just the license to get at the content.

Some game will have that licence on the disc so no dlc code will be on it, some won't as it gives new games an advantage over used copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

amadablam wrote: »
    Thinking of picking this up tomorrow, hard copy.

Does anyone know if an update is required after the install? If so, what size is it?

Thanks

Desting Legendary Edition is the original game, with codes for the 2x DLC's (dark below, house of wolves) and a code for the latest expansion - The Taken King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks all, appreciate the info.

:)

Advertisement