Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR Broadband Activation Time? No Line Activation?

Options
  • 24-09-2015 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I signed up for EIR Broadband last Friday (18-SEP-2015). Got the WiFi Router quickly the next week. BUUUUT.... I've set it up and there is no signal being transmitted from the router to my machines.

Yes, the DSL light is on. Yes, the Internet light is on. Yes, I tried dual and single connectors and plugging directly into the phone line. And yes, all the SSID and password settings are correct.

Bizarrely, when I activated it first it DID work. Any clues, EIR? It's like once it was connected, your system said "OK" and then shut down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

uvox wrote: »
    I signed up for EIR Broadband last Friday (18-SEP-2015). Got the WiFi Router quickly the next week. BUUUUT.... I've set it up and there is no signal being transmitted from the router to my machines.

Yes, the DSL light is on. Yes, the Internet light is on. Yes, I tried dual and single connectors and plugging directly into the phone line. And yes, all the SSID and password settings are correct.

Bizarrely, when I activated it first it DID work. Any clues, EIR? It's like once it was connected, your system said "OK" and then shut down.
    Hi uvox, can you PM me with your line number and we can take a look?
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Now sent. I get the following diagnostic btw: DSL - fail
    ATM - fail
    PPP - fail
    IP - fail
    Pinging www.eircom.net - fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Now sent. I get the following diagnostic btw: DSL - fail
    ATM - fail
    PPP - fail
    IP - fail
    Pinging www.eircom.net - fail
    Hi uvox, I PM'd you on this now.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 4 skudboat

Hi,

We have had KNN install a new line into the house on Wednesday and received a text from eir to say the line was activated. When we called Eir we were told that the line wasn't activated and we would have to wait 5-10 days for activation. Is there any chance you could speed this process up?
    I can send you on more details in a PM if you want

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

skudboat wrote: »
    Hi,

We have had KNN install a new line into the house on Wednesday and received a text from eir to say the line was activated. When we called Eir we were told that the line wasn't activated and we would have to wait 5-10 days for activation. Is there any chance you could speed this process up?
    I can send you on more details in a PM if you want

Thanks
    Hi skudboat, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

The 10 working days is generally the standard leadtime on this. Feel free to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks 

Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement