Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a Macbook Pro? Best Deal?

• 24-09-2015 3:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Best deal on a Macbook this time of year?

Looking to buy a Macbook Pro with Retina Display. Base model, 128gb with 8gb of Ram.I missed out on the student discount as I was told by apple it ended last week. The deal was 10% off plus a pair of beats, I know compub has a €70 instore voucher when a Mac is bought but I am just asking does anyone know any better deals around or cheaper places to buy one? I know apple products don't really vary from place to place but i thought it might be worth asking of anyone knows of any better deals..

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Check the Mac Refurb store in the small hours daily.

Deals vary from day to day, but sometimes you can get a few hundred off, depending on what combination you're looking for. They refresh around midnight, I think, and if you're looking for a specific combination, it's worth watching and waiting for a week or two until something suitable crops up.

Edited to add: the refurbed Macbooks have the same level of quality control and return/repair rights as the full-price models, they just come in less fancy packaging. There are tons of threads here on them if you search, should you want more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Apple offer a 10% education discount all year round, just make sure to shop in the education store online! Might not be the best deal compared to second hand/refurbished models, but if you're looking to buy brand new or want an apple warranty it's worth taking a look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

power city are offering 100 euro cash back if you trade in a old computer

Advertisement