Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Ceremony - Galway City / County

Options
  • 24-09-2015 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

Just looking for some recommendations of places to have a civil ceremony in Galway. Ideally we would like to have it in the City but anywhere that's approx. 20 -30 minutes from the City would be ok too. We heard that you can have a civil ceremony in NUIG but I haven't been able to find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

What kind of a ceremony are you thinking of? How many guests? Do you mind having the ceremony somewhere and moving to another venue or would you prefer to stay in the one place? If you have a few ideas I might be able to suggest something.

The church in NUIG is very expensive to hire, so I'd say to hire a venue for a civil ceremony would be pricey enough - I'd say just ring or email them.

Cloonacauneen Castle is lovely and atmospheric for civil ceremonies, the only downside is that the rooms in the castle are very few, tiny, not ensuite but they do have accommodation on the grounds. Its not great for anyone in a wheelchair though. The Clayton has modern decor and does civil ceremonies, if you prefer a different style. I'd say that most hotels have their registration in order for civil ceremonies, so maybe its a matter of ringing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You can have them now nearly anywhere you like indoors, outdoors so you should have plenty of options.. Could head out to Kilcoglin Castle, or I know a friend of ours had it in one of the old monasteries there...

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Or even if you fall in love with a venue that isnt currently on the list, the manager might be open to the idea of applying to be a registered venue for civil ceremonies in time for yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Oranmore castle is another option or screebe house

Advertisement