Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering if it would be possible to hide individual threads.

Options
  • 24-09-2015 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

As the title says I wonder would it be possible to hide specific threads from followed forums.

For example I follow the general gaming forum but have no interest in destiny yet it is often at the top of the my forums page. I would really like to be able to remove that sort of clutter out of the list if it was possible.

I realise it may not be but just thought I'd ask as it has been bugging me for a while.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ant695 wrote: »
    As the title says I wonder would it be possible to hide specific threads from followed forums.

For example I follow the general gaming forum but have no interest in destiny yet it is often at the top of the my forums page. I would really like to be able to remove that sort of clutter out of the list if it was possible.

I realise it may not be but just thought I'd ask as it has been bugging me for a while.

If you Unfollow it, it should disappear from your forums page. I think

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You can just follow specific threads - they'll appear on your "My Threads" tab.
    Not as useful but a way to just watch the key threads from a forum instead of viewing everything Destiny related (although that one should die down again in a month or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If you Unfollow it, it should disappear from your forums page. I think

Nope if you go into a specific thread in a forum you follow it still just says follow not unfollow. Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Ant695 wrote: »
    Nope if you go into a specific thread in a forum you follow it still just says follow not unfollow. Thanks though.

It should say 'Unfollow'. Like so..

scr.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid the software that Boards runs on doesn't have the facility to allow you to hide individual threads, regardless of whether you're following the forum they're in or not.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

any way to hide specific forums? (or threads from specific fora showing up on the boards home page?)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm afraid the software that Boards runs on doesn't have the facility to allow you to hide individual threads, regardless of whether you're following the forum they're in or not.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

any way to hide specific forums? (or threads from specific fora showing up on the boards home page?)

The 'Latest Posts' tab is exactly that, all of the latest posts from the whole site. However you can curate what appears in the 'My Forums' and 'My Threads' tabs through what you choose to follow and you can choose any of the homepage tabs to be your default homepage tab via the Control Panel - so it will always open on 'My Thread' for example and you need never look at 'Latest Posts' if you don't want to.

Advertisement