Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets build a PC - Help Required

Options
  • 24-09-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, Would like your help, On about purchasing a Tower pc,

I would like a cool funky case(Even a led here or there), I am either thinking of having this beside my home tv or in my office, I require it to be very quite,It would be located quite a distance away from a router so wireless internet is required(Strong wireless signal but not gonna run cat 5 cable all over the house).

I would mostly be using the computer for internet and streaming but a game or two might be played so I am willing to pay extra for that extra poke.

I know there is multiple hardware websites and have only recently discovered that hardwareversands has gone under.Whats the cheapest/best website people currently use instead, I'm trying to avoid the UK sites as the price of GBP is gone to the dogs. And I know of the recommended list attached to a sticky page on this forum but wanted peoples prospective.(Links to hardware would be very much appreciated but not required)

1. What is your budget? [€500-€600]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Internet/Streaming/Word processing/Gaming]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [Yes]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Wireless Keyboard/Wireless Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Debit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [In the next 2 -3 Weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Self Build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i3
    SSD
    1tb HDD
    GTX950
    8gb RAM
    H81M Board
    400w PSU

For the case, pick your own, you've about €70 to play with.

If you want it to be quiet I'd forget the lights and ****, get something sound insulated like a Nanoxia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Legend!..Cheers Digital Solitude

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's no wifi actually, meant to add that. Throwing €30 or 40 into a pair of homeplugs is a worthy investment.

Would you recommend any wireless card in particular tho if i wanted to keep plugs free in the room.

(Only two in the room)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Would you recommend any wireless card in particular tho if i wanted to keep plugs free in the room.

(Only two in the room)

You can get home plugs with pass through so that they don't take up a plug socket.

• Advertisement

You can get home plugs with pass through so that they don't take up a plug socket.

Hadn't even thought about a pass through plugs. Cheers AlmightyCushion

Advertisement