Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eir Mobile thread in our eir Talk to... forum.

Options
  • 24-09-2015 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Our eir Mobile customer service representatives will be here to answer any query about your account, our services or how you can get the most from being a customer.
    We are here at the following times:
    Monday to Friday from 12:00 to 17:00

Outside these hours and at weekends, if you need help and support, you'll find us here on Twitter https://twitter.com/eircare and on our eir online community at https://community.eir.ie/

eir Mobile reps have no deletion or editing privileges on your posts or theirs on this forum.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Eir Mobile Customer Care

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Can someone tell me why Emobile are constantly months behind the other irish networks in releasing updates to the android os? Vodafone and 3 released 5.1.1 for the Note 4 3+ weeks ago, I'm 100% confident we won't see it on emobile until at least next year. What's the reason for this? It's pathetic. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Can someone tell me why Emobile are constantly months behind the other irish networks in releasing updates to the android os? Vodafone and 3 released 5.1.1 for the Note 4 3+ weeks ago, I'm 100% confident we won't see it on emobile until at least next year. What's the reason for this? It's pathetic.
    Hi there Caovyn Lineah

Regarding the Note 4, we're hoping to receive test software at the start of October so all going well it should be available to our customers by the end of October.

-Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

Hi 

I am an emobile (now eir) customer whose contact finished in April. I was not contacted about an upgrade and frankly I thought emobile price plans were too expensive relative to others, and any decent plans were heavily weighted in favour of eircom customers. So I have been biding my time considering switching to a sim only 30 day plan somewhere else. Now even if I wanted I can't see how I could upgrade with eir, as it appears that all mobile tariffs are bundled with broadband which I don't need. Do eir still have sim only plans where all you pay for is mobile usage - I don't need or want a bundle with broadband or TV. If eir no longer offers mobile only tariffs I will have to go elsewhere. What do I need to do to cancel? Who do I contact and by what means?

Thanks 

Ps from eir ads I see that all mobile plans are now 4G. Should I now be receiving 4G?

Hi

I am an emobile (now eir) customer whose contact finished in April. I was not contacted about an upgrade and frankly I thought emobile price plans were too expensive relative to others, and any decent plans were heavily weighted in favour of eircom customers. So I have been biding my time considering switching to a sim only 30 day plan somewhere else. Now even if I wanted I can't see how I could upgrade with eir, as it appears that all mobile tariffs are bundled with broadband which I don't need. Do eir still have sim only plans where all you pay for is mobile usage - I don't need or want a bundle with broadband or TV. If eir no longer offers mobile only tariffs I will have to go elsewhere. What do I need to do to cancel? Who do I contact and by what means?

Thanks

Ps from eir ads I see that all mobile plans are now 4G. Should I now be receiving 4G?
    Hi there leche solara

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

The stores will still be able to give out old eMobile plans so just get in touch with them and ask what they currently have on offer. At the moment eir is doing the bundled account but we will be launching new plans (stand alone) in the next couple of months. No time frame on this yet.

If you have a 4G sim, on a 4G contract, in a 4G area and 4G enable phone, you will get 4G

-Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dbentham

eir: Tony wrote: »
    If you have a 4G sim, on a 4G contract, in a 4G area and 4G enable phone, you will get 4G

-Tony
    Hi Tony (or other Eir reps),
    Just a question re 4G reception. As the previous poster states, Eir ads assert that all plans are now 4G enabled, as does a targeted email that I recently received form Eir.
    I'm on the 'Select Unlimited' tariff which admittedly up to now was not 4G enabled. I rang customer care yesterday and they told me to just obtain a replacement 4G sim for my Galaxy S5, which I did at the local store. Everything working grand just as it did with the old-sim, however still no 4G (only 3G & H+) when I was in & around Dublin City Centre today. Not really a huge issue, but is there anything I need to do such as update the APN, etc. or is there just no 4G coverage yet in town?

Thanks in advance!
    DB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

Hi

Thanks

Hi there leche solara

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

The stores will still be able to give out old eMobile plans so just get in touch with them and ask what they currently have on offer.  At the moment eir is doing the bundled account but we will be launching new plans (stand alone) in the next couple of months.  No time frame on this yet.

-Tony
    Tony,

Thanks for reply.
    I am not currently on a 4G plan, but do have a 4G phone.  Your ads say that all mobile plans are now 4G, so should I not now be receiving 4G as a matter of course.  I have tried connecting to eir LTE on the phone, but I keep getting told that its not available.  Do I need to change the sim card, or must I be on a 4G contract to get 4G?  If that is the case your ads are not telling the truth. 
    Your answer to me differs from what the previous poster was told by your customer care team. 

Can you look again please.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 waken

Our eir Mobile customer service representatives will be here to answer any query about your account, our services or how you can get the most from being a customer.

Outside these hours and at weekends, if you need help and support, you'll find us here on Twitter https://twitter.com/eircare and on our eir online community at https://community.eir.ie/

eir Mobile reps have no deletion or editing privileges on your posts or theirs on this forum.

Thanks

Eir Mobile Customer Care
    I am an existing emobile customer in the co galway area. I have 3 bill pay phones on my account and the service is appaling. Huge number of dropped calls (29%) and 5% failed calls. Rang customer service in August to complain and they told me I need to get new sim cards for the phones which I did but the problem still persists. Rang again today and they told me to put the sim cards into another phone to make sure its not a phone issue. If it was I would not have the same issue on all 3 phones. My new sim card will not fit any of my older phones. The rep said I have to do this before they can hand my problem over to their technical department, it all sounds like a load of bull to me and they are hoping I will go away.
    Any help ?
    Liam

waken wrote: »

Outside these hours and at weekends, if you need help and support, you'll find us here on Twitter https://twitter.com/eircare and on our eir online community at https://community.eir.ie/

Thanks

Eir Mobile Customer Care
    I am an existing emobile customer in the co galway area. I have 3 bill pay phones on my account and the service is appaling. Huge number of dropped calls (29%) and 5% failed calls. Rang customer service in August to complain and they told me I need to get new sim cards for the phones which I did but the problem still persists. Rang again today and they told me to put the sim cards into another phone to make sure its not a phone issue. If it was I would not have the same issue on all 3 phones. My new sim card will not fit any of my older phones. The rep said I have to do this before they can hand my problem over to their technical department, it all sounds like a load of bull to me and they are hoping I will go away.
    Any help ?
    Liam
    Hi there Liam

Thank you so much for getting in touch. Are all 3 phones on the same account? If so, we'll need the following information to forward onto Tech. Please send this information via PM

Address:
    All 3 mobile numbers (with pin number)

• What is the issue which is being experienced?

• Does the issue affect incoming calls, outgoing calls, sms or all of these?

• Is the issue indoors, outdoors or both?

• What actually happens- i.e. Dropped/Echo/Network Busy/Incoming call not received/were there any sounds heard/messages seen on the screen?

• How long has the customer been experiencing issues in the area? (data and time the issue started to occur if possible)

• Are there any other meteor customer’s affected In this area?

• Has the customer changed the phone to GSM/2G only mode and allowed sufficient time for this to see if the service has improved?

• Has full sim/handset testing been done ? if so what was the result?

• Additional information:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraB44

I need to express my disappointment with Eircom (Eir).  My parents have been customer's with your company for over 30 years.  Due to unforeseen circumstances their phone was cut off. Firstly let me explain why.  My mother developed dementia and as you can imagine she no longer has the ability to pay bills or understand them.  My father who is a heart patient took over paying the bills and has always paid above the amount required so his account would be in credit.  My father has been in hospital for that last 8 weeks and taking care of my parents has been a ordeal.  They live on their own and have no mobile.  Let me stress they are pensioners and are unable to use a mobile phone.  The phone was cut off because my father went into hospital and understandably the bill was not paid.
    This came to our attention when the phone was cut off.  I have no way of contacting my parents and neither do the home help, doctors or hospitals.
    I rang Eir today so see if anything can be done.
    I firstly spoke with Dave and gave a short explaination before i was placed on hold. The line dropped.  I called back again and had to explain my case again.  Its hard for me to even speak about such a horrible time in all our lifes.  I advised that they are long term customers, pensioners and feeble.  I had to speak to a supervisor Lorna who i must admit used to many rebuttals on the phone. I have never heard the word unfortantely used so many times in one call.  She advised that nothing can be done. I begged for the phone to be reconnected so I can contact my parents or if they became ill they could ring an ambulance or their family.  Again I was told unfortunaely we cannot help you.  One thing Lorna mentioned and this really made me annoyed - "it does not matter how long you are a customer or Eir weather you are with us for one year or twenty we treat everyone the same. I asked where is the loyalty? not with Eir I can assure you.
    Please if anyone reads this thread please understand I am contacting you out of concern.  We will pay the bill with our repayment plan but please reconnect their phone. They are your customers. I would appreciate a reply and a view on your thoughts of how you treat pensioners.

Outside these hours and at weekends, if you need help and support, you'll find us here on Twitter https://twitter.com/eircare and on our eir online community at https://community.eir.ie/

Thanks

Eir Mobile Customer Care
    Any help ?
    Liam
    Hi there Liam

Thank you so much for getting in touch.  Are all 3 phones on the same account?  If so, we'll need the following information to forward onto Tech.  Please send this information via PM

Address:

•     What is the issue which is being experienced?

•     Does the issue affect incoming calls, outgoing calls, sms or all of these?

•     Is the issue indoors, outdoors or both?

•     What actually happens- i.e. Dropped/Echo/Network Busy/Incoming call not received/were there any sounds heard/messages seen on the screen?

•     How long has the customer been experiencing issues in the area? (data and time the issue started to occur if possible)

•     Are there any other meteor customer’s affected In this area?

•     Has the customer changed the phone to GSM/2G only mode and allowed sufficient time for this to see if the service has improved?

•     Has full sim/handset testing been done ? if so what was the result?

•     Additional information:
    Tony
    I sent you a PM with my details some days ago. Can you confirm that you got my PM 
    Regards
    Liam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraB44

I need to express my disappointment with Eircom (Eir).  My parents have been customer's with your company for over 30 years.  Due to unforeseen circumstances their phone was cut off. Firstly let me explain why.  My mother developed dementia and as you can imagine she no longer has the ability to pay bills or understand them.  My father who is a heart patient took over paying the bills and has always paid above the amount required so his account would be in credit.  My father has been in hospital for that last 8 weeks and taking care of my parents has been a ordeal.  They live on their own and have no mobile.  Let me stress they are pensioners and are unable to use a mobile phone.  The phone was cut off because my father went into hospital and understandably the bill was not paid.
    This came to our attention when the phone was cut off.  I have no way of contacting my parents and neither do the home help, doctors or hospitals.
    I firstly spoke with Dave and gave a short explaination before i was placed on hold. The line dropped.  I called back again and had to explain my case again.  Its hard for me to even speak about such a horrible time in all our lifes.  I advised that they are long term customers, pensioners and feeble.  I had to speak to a supervisor Lorna who i must admit used to many rebuttals on the phone. I have never heard the word unfortantely used so many times in one call.  She advised that nothing can be done. I begged for the phone to be reconnected so I can contact my parents or if they became ill they could ring an ambulance or their family.  Again I was told unfortunaely we cannot help you.  One thing Lorna mentioned and this really made me annoyed - "it does not matter how long you are a customer or Eir weather you are with us for one year or twenty we treat everyone the same. I asked where is the loyalty? not with Eir I can assure you.
    Please if anyone reads this thread please understand I am contacting you out of concern.  We will pay the bill with our repayment plan but please reconnect their phone. They are your customers. I would appreciate a reply and a view on your thoughts of how you treat pensioners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cyril2

Question 4 u tony just upgraded my package i think not fully satisfied ok was a bit confusing i an already an eircom customer so i said i could add a mobile to my plan so i am now on a new plan for 6 months mobile phone and broadband at 64.99 and 102 for 12 months now my broadband has stopped working so is my old plan cancelled have i to wait 2 days for new plan or is my new 18 months added on to my existing contract???

Any how much memory is included on iphone 5s 8 16 or 32

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

They're all on holiday I think.

CiaraB44 wrote: »
    Hi there CiaraB44

Thank you for getting in touch.  So sorry to hear about your parents but unfortunately we can only deal with account holders from here.  We're unable to restore service as only one department can do this which is Credit Control.

-Tony

cyril2 wrote: »
    Question 4 u tony just upgraded my package i think not fully satisfied ok was a bit confusing i an already an eircom customer so i said i could add a mobile to my plan so i am now on a new plan for 6 months mobile phone and broadband at 64.99 and 102 for 12 months now my broadband has stopped working so is my old plan cancelled have i to wait 2 days for new plan or is my new 18 months added on to my existing contract???

Any how much memory is included on iphone 5s 8 16 or 32
    Hi there cyril2

Thank you for getting in touch.

When you opt in for a new plan, it will start from the date this activated.  Nothing will be added.  It's a brand new contract.  

Not sure about the "memory" question as it depends on which iPhone you got.

-Tony

Thanks

Eir Mobile Customer Care
    Any help ?
    Liam
    Hi there Liam

Thank you so much for getting in touch.  Are all 3 phones on the same account?  If so, we'll need the following information to forward onto Tech.  Please send this information via PM

Address:

•     What is the issue which is being experienced?

•     Does the issue affect incoming calls, outgoing calls, sms or all of these?

•     Is the issue indoors, outdoors or both?

•     What actually happens- i.e. Dropped/Echo/Network Busy/Incoming call not received/were there any sounds heard/messages seen on the screen?

•     How long has the customer been experiencing issues in the area? (data and time the issue started to occur if possible)

•     Are there any other meteor customer’s affected In this area?

•     Has the customer changed the phone to GSM/2G only mode and allowed sufficient time for this to see if the service has improved?

•     Has full sim/handset testing been done ? if so what was the result?

•     Additional information:
    Tony
    I sent you a PM with my details some days ago. Can you confirm that you got my PM 
    Regards
    Liam
    Tony
    Thanks for your reply by PM. What you have said is 
    " I just received a message from the Tech Team saying that they investigated your area and there is no indoor 2G, 3G or 4G coverage in this area. The coverage there is very poor.

We can't guarantee indoor coverage as this is out of our control due to outside factors. Unfortunately there is nothing more than we can do from here to improve coverage."

Unfortunately its not just indoor coverage thats causing the problem, I have been going out in the garden to use my phone now for a number of years and the coverage is not much better there.

My question now is, since you cant supply a service I have been paying for can I now end my contract with you without incurring penalties and can you reimburse me for some of the costs I have incurred from using your sub standard service.

Regards
    Liam 

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

Hi,

I am a mobile customer and am due an upgrade in December.  Currently on the unlimited 4g plan (unlimited calls and texts and 5gb of data, €39 per month).  Is there still a standalone mobile plan being offered and if so what phones are available?

Thanks a million.

Hi there Caovyn Lineah

Regarding the Note 4, we're hoping to receive test software at the start of October so all going well it should be available to our customers by the end of October.

-Tony
    In a shocking turn of events, its now the end of October and still no sign of Eir releasing 5.1.1 for the Note 4. Id be fairly confident it wont be seen this side of christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Buckley213

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Hi, could you double check our last bill from the 25th September. We were charged €6:60 for our broadband out of bundle although it says it's unlimitied on the usage section so I'm not sure what the charges are for.[/font]
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 12 foxy74

Buckley213 wrote:
    Hi, could you double check our last bill from the 25th September our account is 19817371.

Not a good idea to show account number to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

foxy74 wrote: »
    Originally posted by Buckley213
    Hi, could you double check our last bill from the 25th September our account is 19817371.

Not a good idea to show account number to all
    What''s someone gonna do.. Pay his bill for him??

So do the reps just not bother replying in this thread? 

No reply from an Eir representative here since October 19th, absolutely pathetic. 

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scano001

CiaraB44 wrote: »
    I have to agree with CiaraB44, they do not care about customer loyalty.  I am accustomed of Eircom for nearly 30 years.  Due to a mix up, my bill did not get paid in the usual manner and I was cut off without warning..  I sent numerous emails looking for someone to contact me.  No response.  Today I did talk to a rep and I was put on hold for so long that I eventually gave up.  But I did find out when my contract is due to finish and I'll not be renewing.  There are a lot of other companies who can offer the same services.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I originally had 4 numbers on my account, and the help I got from Eir/eMobile over the last 2 years has been abysmal. As can be seen above, they havent replied to any questions in over 4 weeks. My extra concern/observation is that in 3 months, we are only on page 2 of the thread.

I now have one number left on my account, after porting them all off, and will be doing the same with my final number. Its a shame, but ultimately, for 60% of my time (Im am Dublin based) I either struggle with coverage, or I am running of EDGE. The other 40% of the time, I will have 3G (forget about 4G!) and the speeds are very poor. The inconsistency of the network has been a massive let down. This stems from eMobiles buying base tactic of offering the cheapest plan to get people across. The old saying sounds true, you get what you pay for. Cheap tariff = cheap network.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scano001

Based on what I hear about Eir mobile and my experience of Eircom in general, I will not be moving.  I had considered moving every thing including TV but now I'm considering moving everything away.  Customer Service is non existent.  It seems they believe they are in the old days when customers had no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

Thanks

Eir Mobile Customer Care
    Well Well.

I have been trying to get my "own" mobile number back for several weeks now, and after 5 or 6 long email requests and countless telephone calls to 1901 etc I have got absolutely nowhere.

I have given Eir an ultimatum (like talking to Caspar the Ghost) that unless I get my number back today, I will cancel my contract, pay off the phone and move to another provider TODAY (Thursday 25th February 2016). (I thought I'd better put in the year . . . ).

I am not in a very good place, and will not be putting any money on it.

With no aoplogies for my Username

Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Jimllfixit wrote: »

Thanks

Eir Mobile Customer Care
    Well Well.

I have been trying to get my "own" mobile number back for several weeks now, and after 5 or 6 long email requests and countless telephone calls to 1901 etc I have got absolutely nowhere.

I have given Eir an ultimatum (like talking to Caspar the Ghost) that unless I get my number back today, I will cancel my contract, pay off the phone and move to another provider TODAY (Thursday 25th February 2016). (I thought I'd better put in the year . . . ).

I am not in a very good place, and will not be putting any money on it.

With no aoplogies for my Username

Jim
    Hi Jimllfixit,

I'm so sorry to hear this and I understand how frustrating it must be. 

Do you know why your number has been blocked?

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

Hi Pamela,

It was a LONG story, like any Eir saga.

Eir cancelled the contract, possibly in error, when they suggested I have my mobile bill included with my landline. It is probable that their system forced them to alter the mobile service if it was to be billing me with the landline. There are so many mobile, landline, broadband and mobile bundles, it is very likely that I got confused and agreed to everything they suggested.

So the mobile stopped being "registered" on "the network for several weeks until I managed to get them to sort it out. It involved four SIMS, TWO 50 mile round trips into the Eir shop in Cork and several hours of phone calls.

I have now recovered some of my sanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I'm very sorry to hear this Jimllfixit,
    Please don't hesitate to PM me should there be anything I can assist you with.

Pamela 

Advertisement