Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eir Mobile thread in our eir Talk to... forum.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

I have swapped out my eir fibre modem for a third party NetGear one, but since i have done this my download speed has dropped to about 55mb where as before i was getting around 90.  When i plug the eir modem back in i get the 90mb speed again.

Can you tell me what additional settings i need to configure to get the full speed pls?

I have used the following settings from your site already :

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Username:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] eir@eir.ie[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Password:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] broadband1[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Encapsulation:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] PPPoE[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Multiplexing:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] LLC Based[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]VPI:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 8[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]VCI:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 35[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Primary DNS:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 159.134.0.1[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Secondary DNS:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 159.134.0.2[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thanks[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Alan[/font]
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting in touch. I would recommend using your eir modem for this service. If you would like to continue to use your other modem you would need to get in touch with our technical support team to have this looked into. If you give them a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 they will be able to check on this for you. I'd highly recommend removing your username and password from public view for security reasons as anybody can access this thread.

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thats the username and password shown on your site to auth the modem on your network.  These details are publicly displayed in your help section.

Thanks
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Yes I've data turned on. Please can you look into this its very frustrating.
    I've been suggested to turn off iMessage completely? I want to use it do I really have to top up especially to allow iMessage activation to go through even though I've activated it before on meteor?

I think it's bye bye eir 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Yes I've data turned on. Please can you look into this its very frustrating.
    I've been suggested to turn off iMessage completely? I want to use it do I really have to top up especially to allow iMessage activation to go through even though I've activated it before on meteor?

I think it's bye bye eir 
    If you have your data turned on and you don't have credit on your account you would receive these messages as your phone will be trying to connect to your data.

I'd recommend turning your data off to stop receiving these texts.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Hi

I topped up by €20 online with my debit card last Saturday for my friend (she is an eir customer).

My debit card was charged €20 but she never received the credit as it came up "top up was unsuccessful".

The money has still not been credited back to my card.

What can I do now?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Hi I have a Samsung note 8 ordered since last week. Just wondering if these will be shipped out for delivery tomorrow as it's release date is tomorrow ?

Update : never mind just got my text from night line

• Advertisement

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Hi

I topped up by €20 online with my debit card last Saturday for my friend (she is an eir customer).

My debit card was charged €20 but she never received the credit as it came up "top up was unsuccessful".

The money has still not been credited back to my card.

What can I do now?

Thanks
    Hi Heat_Wave,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear that this money has been taken from your bank account. Our complaints team would need to investigate this for you. You can view our complaints process on the below link:

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam

Hi I have a Samsung note 8 ordered since last week. Just wondering if these will be shipped out for delivery tomorrow as it's release date is tomorrow ?

Update : never mind just got my text from night line
    Hi there,

Glad to hear you received this text :)

Let me know if you've any further queries.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

I am an eir (formerly meteor customer). What are eir's plans for the support of the 2g network?

Blanchguy wrote: »
    I am an eir (formerly meteor customer). What are eir's plans for the support of the 2g network?
    Hi Blanchguy,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you click on the below link you'll be able to view our coverage map which shows where 2G is available.

https://www.eir.ie/ourmobilenetwork/

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭kala85

I have a Samsung 2017 j7 and want to get wifi calling on it.

The phone is from another network but I want to use it on eir with wifi calling.

Considering phone is unlocked and want to use it on eir, will the wifi calling work, or what setting do I need to change.

• Advertisement

kala85 wrote: »
    I have a Samsung 2017 j7 and want to get wifi calling on it.

The phone is from another network but I want to use it on eir with wifi calling.

Considering phone is unlocked and want to use it on eir, will the wifi calling work, or what setting do I need to change.
    Hi kala85,

I have responded to you on another thread about this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I was gone for a while and text/calls worked perfectly but no such luck with data roaming. Tried changing providers in a few places to no avail

It didn't work at all in the countries below
    *England
    *Belgium
    *Luxembourg
    *France
    *Switzerland
    *Italy

The only place where it worked properly for a few days was Holland. It started working when I crossed the border from Belgium into Holland and stopped working straight away when I went back out. Is there any fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aufbau

My TV reception is gone but I still have broadband. I tried to ring tech support but they need my broadband number - how do I find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Hi, having previously been a Meteor billpay and 30 day sim only customer for some time I am now obviously an EIR mobile customer, since the change over I have started getting Advertising texts from various Irish companies and I would really like to know how this has come about.

I have NOT subscribed to any business via my phone or any social media, or entered any competitions this is not something I do ever.

I am receiving texts from the likes of Supermacs, and Papa Johns from 50002, which is registered to Meteor (now EIR) and would very much like this to stop.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

Hello, I am on the meteor 20gb sim only broadband plan with a dongle and am going to be going to spain, My eir shows 7 gig free allowance but do I need to do anything else for it to work?
    Thanks 

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

whats going on with webmail? cant access my e mail account since mon evening?i

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Are you gonna be doing any black Friday deals for existing customers? 

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

If I want to divert all my calls without ringing to my mailbox,, do I stick a 5 after the prefix e.g +3538651234567 ......or what way should it be entered?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Any word on whether Eir will be carrying any of the new Sony handsets such as the Xperia XA2 or Xperia XZ2?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Little rossie

Hi, I tried to use my mobile phone today to send a text and it was blocked. I used it last week to send texts no problem. I have spoken with Savanna and Joel on the chat line who could not help me. My last top up was last September 2017 €10, and my phone has a current balance of €9 plus. Why has my phone been blocked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi, I tried to use my mobile phone today to send a text and it was blocked. I used it last week to send texts no problem. I have spoken with Savanna and Joel on the chat line who could not help me. My last top up was last September 2017 €10, and my phone has a current balance of €9 plus. Why has my phone been blocked?
    Hi Little rossie,

As far as I was aware the issue was resolved in store?

Do you require further assistance?

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Little rossie

Hi Little rossie,

As far as I was aware the issue was resolved in store?

Do you require further assistance?

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks Thomas, yes my issue has been resolved. Was given the run around but eventually got it sorted. Thank you Evan in Blackrock. Thanks also to you Thomas. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

I currently have 2 mobile numbers registered with another network (both bill pay, and both contracts have just ended). I also have a landline with another party, but again it's out of contract.

I was wondering if there are any discounted bundles available, for new customers willing to sign a new contract for both mobiles and a landline ?

I'm not after any new handsets at this time btw, so really wondering about rates.

Many thanks.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Any word on whether Eir will be carrying any of the new Sony handsets such as the Xperia XA2 or Xperia XZ2?
    Xz2 or xz2xpremium hasnt been announced. 
    The xa2 will be available for eir

billbond4 wrote: »
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Xz2 or xz2xpremium hasnt been announced. 
    The xa2 will be available for eir
    Did Eir announce they would carry it?

Yeah I know the XZ2 technically hasn't been officially announced but there's more than enough evidence out there and Three Ireland erroneously said on Twitter last week that they would have it 

No yet, but if there is Sony Mobile specific Software available for it, they will.
    Eir will also be ranging the Sony Xperia L2 as well

Vodafone havent announced the XA2 but their specific software is listed for the XA2 as well

The Xperia XZ2 will be offered by eir

its available now for billpay in silver exclusive
    https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/sony-xperia-xz2/

• Advertisement

billbond4 wrote: »
    its available now for billpay in silver exclusive
    https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/sony-xperia-xz2/
    Any idea if there's plans to carry the XZ2 Compact?

I don't see anyone in Ireland carrying it yet but I really prefer the smaller phones.

Advertisement