Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eir Mobile thread in our eir Talk to... forum.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Eir,

What are your support team advising customers that have the call drop/sound issues with the Samsung S9+? Samsung has officially stated they still have no resolution or fix for the issue but are "working on it". I have had the problem since launch and have had enough. I would like to return the device as faulty. Please advise.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 15 beemish

Wow, what a start with eir!  

Sales Rep called yesterday and I was reluctant to sign up (even though eir was cheaper than my current Vodafone package) due to the fact I work from home.  I can't afford disruption of service. However after chatting with the Rep he assured me there would be zero disruption to service.  It's one of their selling points apparently.  I laboured this point with the Sales Rep and he guaranteed me a smooth transition.  The relationship between Vodafone using the same lines was another reason and he had done this many times!

Anyway I should have known better, I was facilitating a meeting with 20 participants when my internet got cut off.  Which obviously made me look very unprofessional!  As soon as I got cut off I got my "Welcome to eir" e-mail.

I was a no show for two other meetings today (because I obviously couldn't cancel them on my Laptop).

I have no eir modem until Monday so I have missed nearly a full days work today, have no internet all weekend and need to re-locate for work on Monday.

All this because your Sales Reps don't give a dam about the impacts to my business.  If he set my expectations properly that would be fine, but no it's all about the Sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Hello there,

I purchased a sim only deal which was sold as 30 day contract but showing 18 month contract in confirmation email??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

SNNUS wrote: »
    Hello there,

I purchased a sim only deal which was sold as 30 day contract but showing 18 month contract in confirmation email??
    Mine does as well on the my.eir website. I rang them and they 'assured' me that it was only 30 days. Guess I'll never know until I try and port...
    Quite why their system can't show the correct contract length info makes no sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭SNNUS

MBSnr wrote: »
    SNNUS wrote: »
    Hello there,

Mine does as well on the my.eir website. I rang them and they 'assured' me that it was only 30 days. Guess I'll never know until I try and port...
    Quite why their system can't show the correct contract length info makes no sense....
    Not a good start..

• Advertisement

Hi Eir,

What are your support team advising customers that have the call drop/sound issues with the Samsung S9+? Samsung has officially stated they still have no resolution or fix for the issue but are "working on it". I have had the problem since launch and have had enough. I would like to return the device as faulty. Please advise.

Thank you
    Can I please get a response to my query Eir reps?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 beemish

Day 4 without broadband. Are eir even looking at this thread!!?
    beemish wrote: »
    Wow, what a start with eir!  

Sales Rep called yesterday and I was reluctant to sign up (even though eir was cheaper than my current Vodafone package) due to the fact I work from home.  I can't afford disruption of service. However after chatting with the Rep he assured me there would be zero disruption to service.  It's one of their selling points apparently.  I laboured this point with the Sales Rep and he guaranteed me a smooth transition.  The relationship between Vodafone using the same lines was another reason and he had done this many times!

Anyway I should have known better, I was facilitating a meeting with 20 participants when my internet got cut off.  Which obviously made me look very unprofessional!  As soon as I got cut off I got my "Welcome to eir" e-mail.

I was a no show for two other meetings today (because I obviously couldn't cancel them on my Laptop).

I have no eir modem until Monday so I have missed nearly a full days work today, have no internet all weekend and need to re-locate for work on Monday.

All this because your Sales Reps don't give a dam about the impacts to my business.  If he set my expectations properly that would be fine, but no it's all about the Sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Phone being dropping calls all day in Galway...if its the same tomorrow Im changing to vodaphone and cancelling the debit!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Samsung have pushed an update to fix the call drop and call silence issue with the S9+. Vodafone have already pushed the update.

When will the update be available for Eir customers reps?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Samsung have pushed an update to fix the call drop and call silence issue. Vodafone have already pushed the update.

When will the update be available for Eir customers reps?

Ive a Google Pixel phone , seems ok today but received no explanation or apology from Eir for the Network Issues yesterday..
    Really disappointed with them...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    billbond4 wrote: »
    its available now for billpay in silver exclusive
    https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/sony-xperia-xz2/
    Any idea if there's plans to carry the XZ2 Compact?

I don't see anyone in Ireland carrying it yet but I really prefer the smaller phones.
    The Xperia XZ2 Compact is available from Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    its available now for billpay in silver exclusive
    https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/sony-xperia-xz2/
    Any idea if there's plans to carry the XZ2 Compact?

I don't see anyone in Ireland carrying it yet but I really prefer the smaller phones.
    The Xperia XZ2 Compact is available from Eir
    My bad, they wont be selling it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,986 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I want to cancel my Eir account.
    Can I do it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi tayto lover,

In order to cancel your account, you would need to speak with our customer care team directly on 1901 as we do not have authorisation to deal with this here.

Apologies,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 51,986 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi tayto lover,

In order to cancel your account, you would need to speak with our customer care team directly on 1901 as we do not have authorisation to deal with this here.

Apologies,

Sarah
    I tried that. Tried it several times in fact. It an impossible task, that's why I tried you. They're completely incompetent and keep coming up with excuses as to why they can't do it there and then, I.e. System problem computer problem etc. They promised to call ma back but failed to do so. It's a really awful company to deal with.

Advertisement