Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eir Mobile thread in our eir Talk to... forum.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

rednik wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you check an account for me. I moved 2 phones from emobile to meteor and I want to know what is owed/due to on the emobile account. Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rednik,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]can you PM me your mobile number, pin & name & I'll check this for you. :D [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Can you check an account for me. I moved 2 phones from emobile to meteor and I want to know what is owed/due to on the emobile account. Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rednik,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]can you PM me your mobile number, pin & name & I'll check this for you. :D [/font]

PM sent.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rednik,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll be back to you shortly. [/font]

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hi,

I am probably going to move to Eir business sim only plan in the very near future. I have just given my 30 day notice period to my current provider, so is it best for me to wait until my 30 day period is nearly up (Jan 4th) to move to Eir if I am keeping my old number? If I did it on Jan 3rd, would this mean there could be a period without service (longer than the typical hour or so)?

I assume I can port a personal contract number to a business contract?

5starpool wrote: »
    Hi,

I am probably going to move to Eir business sim only plan in the very near future. I have just given my 30 day notice period to my current provider, so is it best for me to wait until my 30 day period is nearly up (Jan 4th) to move to Eir if I am keeping my old number? If I did it on Jan 3rd, would this mean there could be a period without service (longer than the typical hour or so)?

I assume I can port a personal contract number to a business contract?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]5starpool,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend porting this number to eir Business a few days prior to cancellation as there is a risk if you wait too long & the cancellation is processed you will lose this number.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

How come my bill didn't go down after first month it's 45 but I am getting charged 70 more than likely i will be changing provider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Gun Monkey

I was entitled to an upgrade from eir recently and got a new iPhone on this upgrade. My query is, can i get this phone unlocked from the eir network so that i can give it to my daugter who is on tge three network as her phone is broken and my old phone is still fine?

Gun Monkey wrote: »
    I was entitled to an upgrade from eir recently and got a new iPhone on this upgrade. My query is, can i get this phone unlocked from the eir network so that i can give it to my daugter who is on tge three network as her phone is broken and my old phone is still fine?
    Hi  Gun Monkey,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In order to get an unlocking code for your eir Mobile handset, you must first meet the following criteria:
    Bill Pay
    1. You must have paid more than €200 worth of bills OR 6 bills in total
    2. Account must not be in arrears or suspended by credit management
    [*]

If you meet the above criteria, simply call eir Customer Care. Please ensure you have your phone make and model to hand along with your IMEI number. You can get your IMEI number by dialling *#06# on your phone.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Hi I purchased a phone, unaware to me its on bill pay! the customer didn't tell me this and has since admitted to not paying the bill. 

The phone is now not receiving messages, calls, i can use facebook and youtube, BUT NO whatsapp etcc..

what are my options? please advise as this cost me over 500euro

thanks

ando88 wrote: »
    Hi I purchased a phone, unaware to me its on bill pay! the customer didn't tell me this and has since admitted to not paying the bill. 

The phone is now not receiving messages, calls, i can use facebook and youtube, BUT NO whatsapp etcc..

what are my options? please advise as this cost me over 500euro

thanks
    Hi  ando88,

I have responded to your post on your other thread.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hi, 

Any idea when the Android 7 update is being pushed out on Eir Network? I've a Samsung S7 that should have the update by now. I was just wondering if it is Samsung or Eir waiting to push it out? Sometimes it can be the carrier.  

• Advertisement

Hi, 

Any idea when the Android 7 update is being pushed out on Eir Network? I've a Samsung S7 that should have the update by now. I was just wondering if it is Samsung or Eir waiting to push it out? Sometimes it can be the carrier.  
    Hi Grumpypants,

Originally this was due to be released 17th January however the manufacturer has delayed the release in Ireland I'm afraid.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Hi, Eir reps.

I switched my plan to [font=arial, sans-serif]eir Mobile 400 10GB + Roaming SIM Only (i.e. 30 day rolling contract), but received a subsequent confirmation email stating that I am now on an 18 month contract - I did not agree to the latter arrangement, so I am wondering is this a known issue with the eir systems that it misclassifies these changes (was originally on an 18 month contract on the old plan a number of years ago), or is this an issue/error that needs to be rectified on the eir mobile side?  Please let me know on thread or via PM if you require more information.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

cython wrote: »
    Hi, Eir reps.

I switched my plan to [font=arial, sans-serif]eir Mobile 400 10GB + Roaming SIM Only (i.e. 30 day rolling contract), but received a subsequent confirmation email stating that I am now on an 18 month contract - I did not agree to the latter arrangement, so I am wondering is this a known issue with the eir systems that it misclassifies these changes (was originally on an 18 month contract on the old plan a number of years ago), or is this an issue/error that needs to be rectified on the eir mobile side?  Please let me know on thread or via PM if you require more information.[/font]

Hi  cython,

It sounds like this was an automated e-mail generated in error. Can you PM me your full name, contact number & pin and I'll check this for you.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Hi, Eir reps.

Hi  cython,

It sounds like this was an automated e-mail generated in error. Can you PM me your full name, contact number & pin and I'll check this for you.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I've since received an email response from customer care with the below, so looks to simply be an error in the email as you suggest:
    Thank you for your email in relation to eir mobile contract.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

On reviewing your account I can confirm that the notes in our system states as 30 days contracts.

I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.

However, somewhat concerning is that when I log into MyEir that I am shown that my "bundle" is eir Mobile 18 month contract from 2/17, so I'll PM you the details to check on that as well, if you wouldn't mind please?

Hi, Eir reps.

Hi  cython,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I've since received an email response from customer care with the below, so looks to simply be an error in the email as you suggest:
    Thank you for your email in relation to eir mobile contract.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

On reviewing your account I can confirm that the notes in our system states as 30 days contracts.

I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.

However, somewhat concerning is that when I log into MyEir that I am shown that my "bundle" is eir Mobile 18 month contract from 2/17, so I'll PM you the details to check on that as well, if you wouldn't mind please?
    No problem  cython.

-Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

Hi there,

I received the following email this morning into my primary email address.
    I think it may be a scam, but I haven't come across it before.
    Are you guys aware of it?

[font=arial, sans-serif]eir-logo.png
     [/font]
    My eir

Refund Notification

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Customer,
    All eir products and bundles have a contract term. After reviewing your case, we find it obvious that you need to be refunded.
    Refund period: 2016-2017
    Total amount to refund: € 217.19
    The easiest way to check that we have the right address and bank account details for you is through My eir online.
    Regards,

My eir Customer Suppor
    [/font]

mvron wrote: »
    Hi there,

I received the following email this morning into my primary email address.
    I think it may be a scam, but I haven't come across it before.
    Are you guys aware of it?

[font=arial, sans-serif]eir-logo.png
     [/font]
    My eir

Refund Notification

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Customer,
    All eir products and bundles have a contract term. After reviewing your case, we find it obvious that you need to be refunded.
    Refund period: 2016-2017
    Total amount to refund: € 217.19
    The easiest way to check that we have the right address and bank account details for you is through My eir online.
    Regards,

My eir Customer Suppor
    [/font]

Hi  mvron,

We are aware of a series of unsolicited emails being received by members of the public where the email appears to come from eir. You can read more on this here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

Hi,

I am thinking of getting an iPhone with eir... and following the online options to bundle it, and I'm an existing home phone and broadband customer.

The bundle has an up front phone price of 199 and then I'm picking the cheapest package at 20/month, but it has 6 months free mobile phone rental.
    After the 6 months there are 12 months of bundle payments at 20/month.

So after 18months the total price is 199+12*20 = EUR439

My question is... after the 18 months, am I able to take the mobile phone out of the bundle and move to another network?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

I am looking at iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB but i need it in Rose Gold, its unavailable online is it possible it could be in stock if i visit my local store?

El Kabong! wrote: »
    Hi,

I am thinking of getting an iPhone with eir... and following the online options to bundle it, and I'm an existing home phone and broadband customer.

The bundle has an up front phone price of 199 and then I'm picking the cheapest package at 20/month, but it has 6 months free mobile phone rental.
    After the 6 months there are 12 months of bundle payments at 20/month.

So after 18months the total price is 199+12*20 = EUR439

My question is... after the 18 months, am I able to take the mobile phone out of the bundle and move to another network?

Thanks
    Hi  El Kabong!,

That shouldn't be an issue however if you are receiving a promotional discount on your landline bill for having a mobile included in the bundle you will no longer receive this I'm afraid and you would then have to opt for a different bundle.

Thanks,
    Pamela

• Advertisement

4real wrote: »
    I am looking at iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB but i need it in Rose Gold, its unavailable online is it possible it could be in stock if i visit my local store?
    Hi  4real,

Unfortunately this option is not available online. I'm afraid we would be unable to advise on store stock availability from here but if you drop into your local store we would be more than happy to assist with this. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hi there.

I'm totally new to Eir.
    I have signed up for the 100gb bundle mobile broadband and also the landline.
    I have set up an online account to be able to see 'My Eir'.

As no bill has generated yet, the balance obviously says nil. However, where can I check online how much data I have used so far to keep an eye on usage?

Thanks.

To thine own self be true

Hi there.

I'm totally new to Eir.
    I have signed up for the 100gb bundle mobile broadband and also the landline.
    I have set up an online account to be able to see 'My Eir'.

As no bill has generated yet, the balance obviously says nil. However, where can I check online how much data I have used so far to keep an eye on usage?

Thanks.
    Apologies for the delay Purple Mountain, I've replied to your post on the other thread. You can check this by texting ''balance data'' to 50104.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭banjopeter

Hello I just received a text message from 57976 about subscribing to win a free Lidl voucher. It is obviously a scam, and says I should text STOP to the same number. Have I been charged for receiving this text and if so, how do I get my money back and how can I stop receiving these texts?
    Eir mobile is my provider so it is their responsibility. I did not solicit or ask for these texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

banjopeter wrote: »
    Hello I just received a text message from 57976 about subscribing to win a free Lidl voucher. It is obviously a scam, and says I should text STOP to the same number. Have I been charged for receiving this text and if so, how do I get my money back and how can I stop receiving these texts?
    Eir mobile is my provider so it is their responsibility. I did not solicit or ask for these texts.
    Hi banjopeter,

eir supplies the user with data, calls and texts, unfortunately, we are unable to prohibit customers from opting into services. These services can be opted into by clicking on pop-ups, advertisements and downloading products such as games.

You can read more on this here http://www.comreg.ie/premium-rate/.

It is a common problem for people but unfortunately, as they are third party charges, we are unable to credit you back for them here. You would need to contact COMREG and they will be able to help you further with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

Can you please give me the correct email address to send notification of my wish to cancel my account.

Thanks

Hi millie35,

If you wish to cancel down your account, you will be required to contact our loyalty department on 1901 to discuss a cancellation.

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi millie35,

If you wish to cancel down your account, you will be required to contact our loyalty department on 1901 to discuss a cancellation.

Thanks,
    Anna
    I don't want to discuss a cancellation I just want to cancel.  Are you saying the only way I can cancel is by phone?  

Unfortunately, we would not be able to advise from here in regards to this and you will be required to contact our loyalty department to be advised of the cancellation process.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news from here.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

That is such a simple question yet you refuse to give me a straight answer.

I have found out that the email address is mobilecancellations@eircom.ie

Advertisement