Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eir Mobile thread in our eir Talk to... forum.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I'm sorry you feel this way.

The reason we would advise of this is for our cancellations to advise you on the correct process to ensure the cancellation is submitted correctly.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

You are making a very simple process much more complicated.  Not giving me the email address, when I requested it makes me trust your company a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

millie35 wrote: »
    You are making a very simple process much more complicated.  Not giving me the email address, when I requested it makes me trust your company a lot less.
    Hi millie35,

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way. However, our cancellations team would only be able to advise of this. 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Leanne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hi.  I am on the Emobile small business sim only plan which is 20 euro pm plus VAT, but going up to 30 euro  in june.

I get unlimited calls, texts and 15gig of data, along with some roaming data and calls.

Has it been decided yet what the roaming data will be for the new EU regulations?

Thanks .

Hi ScouseMouse,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have been advised that your 15GB inclusive data allowance at home can now be used whilst roaming in the EU. 

You can use a maximum of 6.3 GB of your 15GB allowance whilst abroad as Fair Usage Policies do apply.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Patrick27

Had been with Eircom for a number of years but found anytime something went wrong and needed to contact them that is was like being trapped on a merry go round being passed from one person to next. Moved provider of broadband and found it much more friendly and helpful. 
    However recently well in past 12 months they have ran fibre into my area as part of state financed fibre rollout. I had been ringing to query whether it was live and available yet every few weeks and at the start of this week when I rang I got a very help girl who confirmed my house was fibre ready. Installation was booked for today. I thought it was great and everything was handled very professionally. All good.

Than the installer from KN came out and was very professional and helpful. He got everything ready and in place to complete installation only to find the local DP Point has not been switched on by Eir. Disappointed is understatement and kids there looking at me asking why men where going without finishing etc. So I thought ok I will ring and get it sorted. 

But this is where it really went wrong. Spent 30 minutes on the phone being passed from one person to next to finally get girl who than just says that KN man had just said DP box was not live to get out of house (couldn't be further from truth). The way she expressed this too made it come across like this was my issue to solve!!! Told me to hold and she would speak to team responsible but after a few minutes I just got transfered back to the first person I spoke too.  My nightmare was true and back to old Eircom. Eventually after second time going around the houses I got someone who said that they could not give me any answer when this will be solved but ring next wednesday and they might have answer than or not. So in short asking me to doing all the chasing to solve their issue.

Rang Comreg who advised I should lodge formal compliant so I did but again this involved speaking to 3/4 people before being put in contact with department who handle compliant and who could give the compliant reference number Comreg advised I should get. 

So in summary got great sales service but than when things went wrong no one seems to want to assist or take accountability needed to get fibre up and running. To be quiet honest I don't know what they are going to do and it seems they don't take the issue serious whatsoever and don't care about making it right. 

Frustrating and bad start to bank holiday weekend to say the least. 

Hi Patrick27,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your full name, account number and eircode and I will look into this for you with the relevant department?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Onaragatip

Hi

Like ScouseMouse, I am on the eir Mobile Business Unlimited SIM only package.  
    I currently live abroad (in the EU). Can you confirm the following in relation to the new roaming legislation for calls/texts and internet usage while abroad (EU):
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ·        
    •   ·        How much of my monthly internet data (GB) will I be able to use while abroad without charge?
    • · Will I have unlimited “free” social media access while abroad?
    [*]

What is the situation with my calls/texts while abroad i.e.

• ·        Do I have free unlimited calls and texts to Irish mobile and landline numbers while abroad?
    • ·        Do I have free unlimited calls and texts to UK and EU mobile phones and landlines while abroad?

[*]

If there are limits on my calls/texts or internet access while abroad, how can I check to see that I am under my monthly allowance?

Kind Rgds

onaragatip

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi ScouseMouse,

We have been advised that your 15GB inclusive data allowance at home can now be used whilst roaming in the EU. 

You can use a maximum of 6.3 GB of your 15GB allowance whilst abroad as Fair Usage Policies do apply.

Thanks,
    Anna

Onaragatip wrote: »
    Hi

Like ScouseMouse, I am on the eir Mobile Business Unlimited SIM only package.  
    I currently live abroad (in the EU). Can you confirm the following in relation to the new roaming legislation for calls/texts and internet usage while abroad (EU):
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ·        
    •   ·        How much of my monthly internet data (GB) will I be able to use while abroad without charge?

• · Will I have unlimited “free” social media access while abroad?

[*]

What is the situation with my calls/texts while abroad i.e.

• ·        Do I have free unlimited calls and texts to Irish mobile and landline numbers while abroad?
    • ·        Do I have free unlimited calls and texts to UK and EU mobile phones and landlines while abroad?

[*]

If there are limits on my calls/texts or internet access while abroad, how can I check to see that I am under my monthly allowance?

Kind Rgds

onaragatip

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi ScouseMouse,

Thanks,
    Anna
    [*]
    Hi Onaragatip,

In regards to the EU roaming, your calls and texts are inclusive to your plan will be still unlimited as per your package.

Fair Usage Policies do apply to customers for data, if you are on a 15GB allowance you have a maximum of 6.3GB to access whilst roaming, however, unlimited free social media is not included in your package in the EU as this is only available domestically as this is a promotional feature.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

Hi Eir,
    My broadband has been down for almost 3 months. Yes three months !! I haven't received any update in weeks and I have contacted you guys many times. Hence I'm trying to contact you through boards. Please pm me for Account details etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Patrick27

Eir really are a disgrace in the unprofessional manner they conduct themselves. No one ever comes back to you, any update you get is because you chase it yourself and than any answer seems be halfhearted.

Do they not know how fare they are off the mark? We have all dealt with difficult companies but eir to me just seem incompetent.

Surely it time in this country to put infrastructure into control of company capable of managing network infrastructure.

Just amazed they are allowed continue operating the way they do.

Treat customers as if worthless and so used to complaints you know they have same prepared response like sorry you feel that way etc......don't be sorry just sort my problem. Too much to ask?

Hi Eir,
    My broadband has been down for almost 3 months. Yes three months !! I haven't received any update in weeks and I have contacted you guys many times. Hence I'm trying to contact you through boards. Please pm me for Account details etc.
    Hi, War ensemble.

I am really sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account details and I will follow this up with the relevant department for you?

Thanks, 
    Anna.

Patrick27 wrote: »
    Eir really are a disgrace in the unprofessional manner they conduct themselves. No one ever comes back to you, any update you get is because you chase it yourself and than any answer seems be halfhearted.

Do they not know how fare they are off the mark? We have all dealt with difficult companies but eir to me just seem incompetent.

Surely it time in this country to put infrastructure into control of company capable of managing network infrastructure.

Just amazed they are allowed continue operating the way they do.

Treat customers as if worthless and so used to complaints you know they have same prepared response like sorry you feel that way etc......don't be sorry just sort my problem. Too much to ask?
    Hi Patrick27.

I am sorry to hear of the experience you had so far. If you PM me your account details and the issue you are having I would be happy to help in any way I can. 

Thanks,
    Anna. 

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

Hi Anna, I can't send you a new pm as I haven't posted enough on boards. Can you pm me.

Hi Anna, I can't send you a new pm as I haven't posted enough on boards. Can you pm me.
    Hi, War ensemble.

Pm sent :)

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

I recieved a letter from EIR dated 9/5/17 informing me of the price increase for Business Unlimited 15gb sim.
    In the letter I was advised my data was been increased by an additional 5gb. 
    Does this mean I now have 20gb of data per month???

Hi Agent Smyth, 

Can you please PM me your account details and I will be more than happy to have a look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Hi Anna
    Did you get a chance to look at my account??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Anna
    Did you get a chance to look at my account??
    Hi Agent Smyth,

Anna is currently out of the office but if you send me your details in a PM, I can look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Hi eir,

I will be in Italy in a few weeks and want to review the Data Usage for my current plan Thirty20. I was planning on purchasing the data add-on for 1GB of data €9.99/month, but from my account online under my data add-ons it states "Please note a data add-on does not cover roaming."

While from here, https://www.eir.ie/roaming/#/europe_zone_1/italy it states "You can use your available data allowance while roaming in the EU". 

Is this implying that if I purchase the 1GB data add-on (which will give me 1.25GB of data) I can only use the 250MB of data while roaming?
    How can I use the 1GB data-on while roaming?

Thanks.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Hi eir,

I will be in Italy in a few weeks and want to review the Data Usage for my current plan Thirty20. I was planning on purchasing the data add-on for 1GB of data €9.99/month, but from my account online under my data add-ons it states "Please note a data add-on does not cover roaming."

While from here, https://www.eir.ie/roaming/#/europe_zone_1/italy it states "You can use your available data allowance while roaming in the EU". 

Is this implying that if I purchase the 1GB data add-on (which will give me 1.25GB of data) I can only use the 250MB of data while roaming?

Thanks.
    Hi DeadSkin,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you PM me your full name, PIN and mobile number please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi eir,

Thanks.
    Hi DeadSkin,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you PM me your full name, PIN and mobile number please?

- Adam
    PM sent. Thanks.

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi eir,

Thanks.
    Hi DeadSkin,

- Adam
    PM sent. Thanks.
    Thanks for that.

I'll be back in touch with you through a PM when I have an update for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Hi just wondering if you will be doing a pre-order for the new Samsung note 8 ?

Hi just wondering if you will be doing a pre-order for the new Samsung note 8 ?
    Hi there,

Apologies for the delay with my response here. I'm afraid we don't offer pre-orders for mobile phones.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Hi eir,
    I'm currently in a prepay offer , I'm incessantly getting messages telling me to top up almost every hour. I haven't attempted to make call/message outside of what's allowed in offer cannot understand why I'm getting these message? 
    Your customer 'care' advised its to do with iMessage activation, which I disputed as I activated iMessages long time ago on meteor. Im thinking this has something to do with the meteor rename to eir? Your 'care' agent told me to contact Apple?? Basically of no help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hi Eir,

I have swapped out my eir fibre modem for a third party NetGear one, but since i have done this my download speed has dropped to about 55mb where as before i was getting around 90.  When i plug the eir modem back in i get the 90mb speed again.

Can you tell me what additional settings i need to configure to get the full speed pls?

I have used the following settings from your site already :

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Username:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] eir@eir.ie[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Password:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] broadband1[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Encapsulation:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] PPPoE[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Multiplexing:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] LLC Based[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]VPI:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 8[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]VCI:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 35[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Primary DNS:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 159.134.0.1[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Secondary DNS:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 159.134.0.2[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thanks[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Alan[/font]

Hi eir,
    I'm currently in a prepay offer , I'm incessantly getting messages telling me to top up almost every hour. I haven't attempted to make call/message outside of what's allowed in offer cannot understand why I'm getting these message? 
    Your customer 'care' advised its to do with iMessage activation, which I disputed as I activated iMessages long time ago on meteor. Im thinking this has something to do with the meteor rename to eir? Your 'care' agent told me to contact Apple?? Basically of no help at all.
    Hi tipperaryboy,

thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear that you're continuously receiving these text messages. Do you have your data turned on?

- Adam

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

I have swapped out my eir fibre modem for a third party NetGear one, but since i have done this my download speed has dropped to about 55mb where as before i was getting around 90.  When i plug the eir modem back in i get the 90mb speed again.

Can you tell me what additional settings i need to configure to get the full speed pls?

I have used the following settings from your site already :

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Username:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] eir@eir.ie[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Password:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] broadband1[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Encapsulation:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] PPPoE[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Multiplexing:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] LLC Based[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]VPI:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 8[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]VCI:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 35[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Primary DNS:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 159.134.0.1[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Secondary DNS:[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] 159.134.0.2[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thanks[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Alan[/font]
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting in touch. I would recommend using your eir modem for this service. If you would like to continue to use your other modem you would need to get in touch with our technical support team to have this looked into. If you give them a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 they will be able to check on this for you. I'd highly recommend removing your username and password from public view for security reasons as anybody can access this thread.

- Adam

Advertisement