Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the Talk to... eir Customer Support forum at Boards.ie.

Options
  • 24-09-2015 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

We're delighted to have hosted this forum since December 08, 2010.

A representative from eir's Customer Support Social team will be here between 12pm and 5pm, Monday to Friday to answer your questions and queries and listen to your feedback.

Our agents are:
    • eir: Kyle
    • eir: Grainne
    • eir: Ahren
    • eir: Kellie
    • eir: Linzi
    • eir: Nicole
    • eir: Andre

Outside these hours and at weekends, if you need help and support, you'll find them on twitter at https://twitter.com/eircare and on their own forum at https://community.eir.ie/

Statement from eir themselves:

Why are eir here?

We are here to engage with our customers, listen to them and assist with any queries they may have. We are also here to communicate in a transparent and open manner and to build a strong connection with our customers across our Social forums.

During our opening hours, we will prioritise queries from customers who need our help and will try to resolve these as quickly as possible, but please leave your post up at any time and we'll get to it when we're back online.

We will also use the forum to let customers know of any new services, to give advice and on occasion will run competitions exclusively for Boards.ie members

How long will it take to solve my issue?

It depends on the nature of your query. We try and provide a solution as quickly as possible, however, some queries may take longer to resolve as we may need to contact other areas of eir.

For some queries, we require more information about your account so that we can investigate this for you. On such occasions and to protect your privacy and account information, we’ll ask you to send us a private message.

We endeavour to respond to your post as quickly as we can during the hours of 12am – 5pm. Outside of these hours you can visit our community or our Twitter page @eir.
    All messages posted outside of our working hours will be responded to as soon as we’re back online.

What will we do with your feedback?

We’ll listen to your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant people in our team. This way we can improve and provide a better service for you.

All the usual forum guidelines apply in this forum. Personal abuse will not be tolerated. Remember, the eir team are here to help you.

Important to note too that the reps cannot answer every question immediately - due to the size of eir and the variety of departments, they have internal processes to follow themselves, so please be patient.

eir have no deletion or editing privileges on your posts or theirs on this forum.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Hi I got a set of tp link home plugs and after 10 minutes they always fail.. (Connection limited) on laptop, All lights on tp link still flash, The coverage stops and will only work for another 10 mins or so after I plug them out and back in again. Don't understand why this could be happening?

Even when I have ethernet cable from homeplug to laptop signal still dies after 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Grimm

Hi,

Can someone clarify this for me -

I have tested my phone for eir fibre and it comes up my home is now enabled for efibre.

I am currently on sky broadband and speeds are average 4 mb and I rang sky to tell them of this and they informed me that speeds would increase only to 7 mb and would not be worth my while changing for a extra charge of €10 a month on top of what I already pay.

I rang eir to see about changing and have been told that I will receive speeds of 100 mb - realistically I know this speed won't happen but even one fifth would do me!!!

I rang back sky to state what eir had said and they still stated it would be only 7 mb with fibre.

I know sky uses the eir infrastructure.

Can anyone please tell me how sky and eir are so different - are sky been honest (I mean they are going to lose me as a customer) or are eir giving me a sales pitch - if they are both using the same wiring how is it so different - sorry not terribly clued in, if someone can explain this please do?????

Totally confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

The Grimm wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone clarify this for me -

I have tested my phone for eir fibre and it comes up my home is now enabled for efibre.

I am currently on sky broadband and speeds are average 4 mb and I rang sky to tell them of this and they informed me that speeds would increase only to 7 mb and would not be worth my while changing for a extra charge of €10 a month on top of what I already pay.

I rang eir to see about changing and have been told that I will receive speeds of 100 mb - realistically I know this speed won't happen but even one fifth would do me!!!

I rang back sky to state what eir had said and they still stated it would be only 7 mb with fibre.

I know sky uses the eir infrastructure.

Can anyone please tell me how sky and eir are so different - are sky been honest (I mean they are going to lose me as a customer) or are eir giving me a sales pitch - if they are both using the same wiring how is it so different - sorry not terribly clued in, if someone can explain this please do?????

Totally confused.
    Hi The Grimm :)

Thanks for getting in touch. Please feel free to PM me your phone number and I can prequal it for you.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Grimm

I have sent PM Pamela

I have sent PM Pamela
    Thanks The Grimm,
    I'll be back to you shortly.

Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭beecee

I have sent PM Pamela
    Thanks The Grimm,

Pamela 
    Is the whole point of the forum not to answer questions in a "transparent" fashion so that everyone can learn? Why take the answer offline?

beecee wrote: »
    I have sent PM Pamela
    Thanks The Grimm,

Pamela 
    Is the whole point of the forum not to answer questions in a "transparent" fashion so that everyone can learn? Why take the answer offline?
    Hi beecee,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

In some cases we need the customers account information to look into their query.
    I'm afraid for the security of a customers account we would recommend sending us these details in private.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Big Dec

Hi,

I am hoping to get eir TV installed for my father.
    Unfortunately the broadband connection is just inside the from door & not close to the sitting room.
    Can you tell me if it is possible to use homeplugs (powerline adaptors) to connect the router to the TV box?
    It is not possible/desirable to run a new cable to the sitting room.

Thanks,
    Declan.

Big Dec wrote: »
    Hi,

Unfortunately the broadband connection is just inside the from door & not close to the sitting room.
    Can you tell me if it is possible to use homeplugs (powerline adaptors) to connect the router to the TV box?

Thanks,
    Declan.
    Hi Big Dec,

Thanks for getting in touch :) 

Should you choose to order the service a technician will visit your father's home and arrange for installation of the eir Vision box.
    You can read more on the installation here http://support.eir.ie/tv/installation/

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Big Dec

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the quick response, but could you answer my question?

I can't find any information related to this anywhere.
    I will be too late on the day for the technician to tell me that these can't be used.

Thanks,
    Declan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Hi,

Thanks,
    Declan.
    Works good for me going from hall to 2 rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cesaro

Hi I was due to get broadband installed today, rang eir as I had no notification from any engineers they then informed me my account had been cancelled, when I asked why they said planning reasons if some one could give me some more information that would be great thanks.

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the quick response, but could you answer my question?

I can't find any information related to this anywhere.
    I will be too late on the day for the technician to tell me that these can't be used.

Thanks,
    Declan.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay in getting back to you Declan.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Most eir Vision systems are connected using eir V[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ision Home plugs,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Normally the system is set up with the modem in the hallway, one main tv box connected with cabling and then the Home plugs are used for the optional multiroom boxes.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This normally allows for customers to have up to 2 multi room boxes in the likes of bedrooms etc.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The customer doesn't need to pay extra for home plugs or provide their own Home plugs or anything like that, the technician will bring eir Vision branded sets with them during install.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]However I would recommend requesting them at point of sale to be on the safe side![/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]To discuss this in further detail I would recommend contacting the broadband technical support team on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

cesaro wrote: »
    Hi I was due to get broadband installed today, rang eir as I had no notification from any engineers they then informed me my account had been cancelled, when I asked why they said planning reasons if some one could give me some more information that would be great thanks.
    Hi cesaro,

I'm really sorry to hear this. 

Please feel free to PM me your account or order number and I will request further information from the connections team, they can also be connected directly on 1800303733.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 story

Hi Eir,

Please help me with the following.
    I recently tried to add an add-on to my broad band, in doing so when I rang eir I was told they could not proceed with this as my account with eir was "locked" a ticket was logged and after a week or 2 the issue was resolved. The result of this fix as resulted in the loss of my eir tv service.

I am now getting this error when I start my tv service eVision.

Its stays up on screen and I really want this fixed so I can watch the football today.

"CONNECTION ERROR
     It is not possible to connect to eVision.
     Your set top box must be connected to the broadband connection for which it is registered."

I have tried re-starting both the bb connection and the evision box but this error returns.

This has happened in the past and its frustrating after 18 months of being a customer one fix and still trigger this enviable problem which is just silly.

story wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

Please help me with the following.
    I recently tried to add an add-on to my broad band, in doing so when I rang eir I was told they could not proceed with this as my account with eir was "locked" a ticket was logged and after a week or 2 the issue was resolved. The result of this fix as resulted in the loss of my eir tv service.

I am now getting this error when I start my tv service eVision.

Its stays up on screen and I really want this fixed so I can watch the football today.

"CONNECTION ERROR
     It is not possible to connect to eVision.
     Your set top box must be connected to the broadband connection for which it is registered."

I have tried re-starting both the bb connection and the evision box but this error returns.

This has happened in the past and its frustrating after 18 months of being a customer one fix and still trigger this enviable problem which is just silly.
    Hi story,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your eVision service.
    I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.

-Pamela 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement