If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Samsung to purchase

Options
  • 24-09-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I looking to buy the Samsung 48 SHUD 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SAMSUNG SUHD UE48JS8500 it on offer in [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]curry UK at the moment.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm not sure if you can compete.[/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

elgan wrote: »
    I looking to buy the Samsung 48 SHUD 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SAMSUNG SUHD UE48JS8500 it on offer in [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]curry UK at the moment.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm not sure if you can compete.[/font]
    Our offer is slightly different to the offer you have posted but we can do it including delivery to the ROI and a 6 Year warranty at £1349..

Keep us posted and thanks for the opportunity to quote,

If you would like to proceed please just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact numbers and one of the guys will give you a call to arrange a delivery,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Hi John,

The picture is showing the SUHD but the model UE48JS8500 is UHD only not the item in the picture.

http://www.richersounds.com/showclearanceproduct/SAMS-UE48JS8500/Samsung+Ue48js8500.html

Still fishing for a deal in the 48 SUHD or the 55 LG oled.

Regards,

Elgan

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

recycled wrote: »
    Hi John,

The picture is showing the SUHD but the model UE48JS8500 is UHD only not the item in the picture.

http://www.richersounds.com/showclearanceproduct/SAMS-UE48JS8500/Samsung+Ue48js8500.html

Regards,

Elgan
    Hi Recycled.

I'm a little confused as Currys also list the SUHD on their 48JS8500. Currys also have it listed at £1599.00 with a 5 year warranty.

The version that we also stocked is the SUHD.

The best price would be the deal listed above by John. However as the screen has now gone "LAST FEW TO CLEAR" I'd need to double check I can secure one if you wanted to go for one.

It seems that the SUHD is Samsung only at the moment:
    "[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Is Samsung developing a new standard within a new standard? Is SUHD like UHD on steroids? Should you hold off on buying that 4K TV you’ve been eyeing for the Super Bowl for the next big thing?[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]The answers, in order, are: No, sort of, and it’s complicated.[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]To help understand Samsung’s move to “SUHD” as a descriptor for its forthcoming televisions, we tracked down Dave Das, Senior Vice President of [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Home[/font] Entertainment Marketing at Samsung. He explains what Samsung is up to this year in television, why SUHD is supposed to be better than UHD, and how UHD is poised to take off in 2015 as 4K content comes in at a gush rather than a trickle."[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]

Read more: [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/interview-samsungs-dave-das-explains-why-suhd-is-better-than-uhd/#ixzz3mk48ibQL[/font]

[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]The above is just a little section from a blog on the Samsung SUHD.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]I hope this helps a little.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Any questions please let me know.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elgan

recycled wrote: »
    Hi John,

Regards,

Elgan
    Hi Recycled.

I'm a little confused as Currys also list the SUHD on their 48JS8500. Currys also have it listed at £1599.00 with a 5 year warranty.

The version that we also stocked is the SUHD.

The best price would be the deal listed above by John. However as the screen has now gone "LAST FEW TO CLEAR" I'd need to double check I can secure one if you wanted to go for one.

It seems that the SUHD is Samsung only at the moment:
    "[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Is Samsung developing a new standard within a new standard? Is SUHD like UHD on steroids? Should you hold off on buying that 4K TV you’ve been eyeing for the Super Bowl for the next big thing?[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]The answers, in order, are: No, sort of, and it’s complicated.[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]To help understand Samsung’s move to “SUHD” as a descriptor for its forthcoming televisions, we tracked down Dave Das, Senior Vice President of [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Home[/font] Entertainment Marketing at Samsung. He explains what Samsung is up to this year in television, why SUHD is supposed to be better than UHD, and how UHD is poised to take off in 2015 as 4K content comes in at a gush rather than a trickle."[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]

Read more: [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/interview-samsungs-dave-das-explains-why-suhd-is-better-than-uhd/#ixzz3mk48ibQL[/font]

[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]The above is just a little section from a blog on the Samsung SUHD.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]I hope this helps a little.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Any questions please let me know.[/font]
    Hi John,

The model I am interested in is the UE48JS9000.

Regards,

Elgan 

(Sorry about the confusion, I thought their was only one model SHUD.)

Apologies for the confusion - I thought it was the 48JS8500 you were looking for a price on?

The 48JS9000 that we stock ( and the 48JS8500) are both the same models as are stocked by all UK & ROI authorised retailers - there is no different UHD and SUHD models - there are some models that you will fin available online in Europe that have different tuners that are not suitable for use in Ireland but we don't stock these.

If you are looking for the UE48JS9000 then we can go to £1649 on that unit and that would include delivery and a 6 year warranty - we have the 48JS9000 available and ready to ship from our main warehouse no problem - if you would like to grab one of these just drop me a line to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will arrange a delivery for you.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

€1,673.07  VAT included , but not delivery with Pixmania for a limited time, so I have to move quickly. let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Elgan

Hi John,

€1,673.07  VAT included , but not delivery with Pixmania for a limited time, so I have to move quickly. let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Elgan
    Elgan,

Pixmania do have A 48JS8500 that the model they sell is different to the model that Samsung UK/ IRL import and it has a different specification including crucially a different tuner - they used to have a link explaining what the differences and potential issues with purchasing a non-UK/IRL TV were but they have now removed this and just mention the lack of UK/IRL plug and a bland statement that the TV has no DVB-T2 tuner!

We also include a 6 year warranty with most of our TVs including the UE48JS8500 however Pix only include a 2 year warranty.

Having a look around I think that we are really well priced in Euro at €2169 on this TV ( For the UK/Irl model) but as ever if you can find it cheaper in Ireland we will happily price beat subject to our normal terms and conditions.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Elgan,

I have just had a price reposition on the Samsung UE48JS8500 - this will take it down to €1999 including delivery and our 6 year warranty ( this is for the proper UK / Irish version with the DVB-T2 tuner)

Have a look here - the price will be reducing in the next hour:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201286-ue48js8500.aspx

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

I have a couuple of weeks to buy, its a choice between the 48js8500 and the 48js900. Cnet review of the js8500 was so so , hence my reluctance.
    Without a doubt I will be buying before the end of the month and my ceiling is €2000.00.  We'll see if their is any movement on the 9000.  Harvey Norman hold a Black Friday sale in November but unfortunately I have to make my purchase shortly. I'm kind of stuck with a max size opening of 48 inches, if their is tv option that you recommend let me know.

Thanks for the help

elgan

Hi John,

I have a couuple of weeks to buy, its a choice between the 48js8500 and the 48js900. Cnet review of the js8500 was so so , hence my reluctance.
    Without a doubt I will be buying before the end of the month and my ceiling is €2000.00.  We'll see if their is any movement on the 9000.  Harvey Norman hold a Black Friday sale in November but unfortunately I have to make my purchase shortly. I'm kind of stuck with a max size opening of 48 inches, if their is tv option that you recommend let me know.

Thanks for the help

elgan

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi John,

Thanks for the help

elgan
    Hi Elgan,

The only other screen really worth looking at in and around the Samsungs would be the Panasonic 50CX802, but its a 50" and also not curved.

Having a look online there are some very good reviews also for the 8500, and to be honest I would definitely say its the best of the screens sub €2000

http://4k.com/tv/a-review-of-the-samsung-js8500-suhd-4k-ultra-hd-led-3d-tv-series-2015-flat-screen-model/
    http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue55js8500-201506114124.htm

Cheers
    Brian

Hi John,

Ok I'm ready to pluck , can you take a trade -in ?
    Pm me your details and I'll send what you require.

Regards,

Elgan

Sorry Elgin

I'm not 100% sure what you mean.

John mc & crew

Sorry Elgin

John mc & crew
    Hi John,

Thank you for your links, the js9000 is the one highly recommended by reviews. I did not know it was available in a 48 ". From your sites their is a difference of about €60 euro from the js8500.  Hopefully it will drop to near the 2k price because I have to purchase shortly. I'm on the road tomorrow & will not have access to mail.  Any communications to me will be answered on Thursday.

Cheers

Elgan

Sorry Elgin

John mc & crew
    Hi John,

Thank you for your links, the js9000 is the one highly recommended by reviews. I did not know it was available in a 48 ". From your sites their is a difference of about €60 euro from the js8500.  Hopefully it will drop to near the 2k price because I have to purchase shortly. I'm on the road tomorrow & will not have access to mail.  Any communications to me will be answered on Thursday.

Cheers

Elgan
    Hi Elgin.

The 9000 does win on reviews and is a stunning television.

48JS8500 priced on our site at 1999.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    The 48JS9000 priced at 2299.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)

Difference in price between the 2 would be 299.99 Euro.

Hi John,

Any update on the Samsung js9000

Regards,

Elgan

Hi John,

Regards,

Elgan
    Elgan,

thanks again for the post - we are at €2299 and that price includes delivery and a 6 year warranty - I cant see anyone in Ireland that's cheaper than that - but I would drop it to just €2259 if it made a difference to you.

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

Sorry Elgin

John mc & crew
    Hi John,

Cheers

Elgan
    Hi Elgin.

Hi John,

That was the quickest reply I have ever received.   Ok that's the one I will be targeting.  The next offer or price review nearer the 2k price, I can wait. I find you have great patience with my silly questions, so I will be doing my deal with you.

Regards,
    elgan

Sorry Elgin

John mc & crew
    Hi John,

Cheers

Elgan
    Hi Elgin.

Hi John,

That was the quickest reply I have ever received.   Ok that's the one I will be targeting.  The next offer or price review nearer the 2k price, I can wait. I find you have great patience with my silly questions, so I will be doing my deal with you.

Regards,
    elgan
    No problem Elgan and many thanks for the kind words - I cant see it hitting 2K that soon, but the pricing is shifting all the time and I'll keep my eye out for you - just as an aside would you be interested in a price on the 55JS9000 ( or is it too big??) I can do a really competitive price on it?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DAVE222

Whats your best price on  55JS9000 . thanks

• Advertisement

Hi John,

I found one on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00V7W9UTW?ie=UTF8&tag=pric097-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B00V7W9UTW&smid=A8E8LO2OOJNIV

€2020.00 cost. The price is showing some movement.

Regards,

Denis Nagle

Hi John,

I found one on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00V7W9UTW?ie=UTF8&tag=pric097-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B00V7W9UTW&smid=A8E8LO2OOJNIV

€2020.00 cost. The price is showing some movement.

Regards,

Denis Nagle
    Denis,

thanks for that - I saw that but there are a few issues with it, firstly the product is quoted in sterling an realistically by the time your credit card company does the exchange I don't think that you will actually end up paying €2020 - we actually quote a fixed euro price - so the offered euro price is the actual price you sell - secondly that retailer does not actually supply into Ireland and so you would have to arrange shipping from the UK and finally it only appears to come with a 12 month warranty - our pricing comes including delivery to your home, a 6 year 'at home' warranty and we actually publish our address on our website ( I can't seem to find any address for the retailer on Amazon!)  ...

I do appreciate its slightly cheaper but when you add in the delivery, a fixed euro price and the security of a 6 year warranty, I'm not sure sure it would actually end up cheaper in the long term..

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Sorry Elgin

John mc & crew
    Hi John,

Cheers

Elgan
    Hi Elgin.

Hi John,

Regards,
    elgan
    No problem Elgan and many thanks for the kind words - I cant see it hitting 2K that soon, but the pricing is shifting all the time and I'll keep my eye out for you - just as an aside would you be interested in a price on the 55JS9000 ( or is it too big??) I can do a really competitive price on it?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc
    the new LG oled 55 look promising. What is the top length of the 55's

Sorry Elgin

John mc & crew
    Hi John,

Cheers

Elgan
    Hi Elgin.

Hi John,

Regards,
    elgan

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc
    the new LG oled 55 look promising. What is the top length of the 55's
    Hi Elgan.

There are three 55" OLED LG screens.

LG 55EC930 Currently priced at 2589.00 Euro. The length would be 1224mm
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200850-55ec930v.aspx

LG 55EG910 priced at 2939.99 Euro. The length of this one is 1225mm
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/55eg910v/lg-55eg910v

LG 55EG920 coming in at 3999.99 Euro. The length of this would be 1225mm
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201625-55eg920v.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Any further questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TALLOWBAN1

Hi John,

Regards,

Elgan
    Elgan,

thanks again for the post - we are at €2299 and that price includes delivery and a 6 year warranty - I cant see anyone in Ireland that's cheaper than that - but I would drop it to just €2259 if it made a difference to you.

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John

Any new year price please on that Samsung js9000?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

TALLOWBAN1 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Regards,

Elgan
    Elgan,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John

Any new year price please on that Samsung js9000?
    HI Elgan the 48JS9000 is currently listed on our site at €1999 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=48js9000

Cheers
    Brian

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

This thread is now three months old and has had quite a journey in the land of tv pricing :) I'm closing it now. 

New queries are welcome in new threads 😀

Cheers, Ritz

This discussion has been closed.