Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelled paypal payment

Options
  • 24-09-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi
    I paid for an item via paypal today but the sale fell through and the seller returned the payment to my account.I can also see this on my paypal account.Anyway the funds are still not back in my bank account and i understand that this can take 5/7 working days but i have an email from paypal explaining that the funds are no longer needed and can be released by yourselves.I understand the process of you putting the funds aside.
    Can i have the funds released asap please?
    I can send the email that paypal told me to give to my bank.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning callumsdad, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

The answer to your query depends on how the purchase was initially processed. If the retailer refunded the money directly to your PayPal account, you will need to request a withdraw of funds via PayPal and this should arrive in your bank account within 3 to 4 working days. Please be assured, that we process credits as soon as they're received. 

If this purchase was made on a Credit or Visa Debit card and you can see the amount debited on your account the retailer will need to process this refund fully which can take 5 to 7 working days. However, if the debit was only held as a pre authorisation on a credit card this can be released by PayPal. To do this, they will need to contact their authorisation centre directly.

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement