Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Jersey

• 24-09-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Please excuse my ignorance but I have what is probably a silly question!

I assume there is a new Dublin Jersey released every year?

And if so, when is the next one to be released for 2016?

It's my boyfriends birthday soon and he could do with a new one - however I don't want to buy the current 'new' one (for over €60) if there is a newer one to be released in the near future.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

The current jersey is in existence since 2014 after the Vodafone sponsorship was pulled. Shirts usually have a 3 season span so there may not be a new shirt next year. Then again sponsors may want a new shirt so it's hard to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Dublin won't have a new jersey until 2017.

The only way they will have a new one before then would be if AIG end their sponsorship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Great, thanks guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

The only way they will have a new one before then would be if AIG end their sponsorship.

Really? Even with the fact that in our last 3 all ireland's we've had 3 different jerseys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

I doubt it. Sure vodafone had two different jerseys in their span and Arrnotts had loads of changed kits.

I would say after next year they will have a new one but you wont know until February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Well, the current one was announced in November 2013

morritty wrote: »
    Really? Even with the fact that in our last 3 all ireland's we've had 3 different jerseys?

The first Vodafone jersey lasted 3 years. It finished in 2012. The jersey we wore in 2013 was due and then Vodafone cancelled their sponsorship so that's why AIG got on board in 2014.

deadybai wrote: »
    I doubt it. Sure vodafone had two different jerseys in their span and Arrnotts had loads of changed kits.

I would say after next year they will have a new one but you wont know until February.

Arnotts last shirt (2009) only lasted the year because Vodafone took over sponsorship for 2010.

The other shirts lasted 3 years or so.

http://www.prideinthejersey.com/dublin.html

We won't have a new one for 2016 unless they decide to change the long standing 3year cycle.

Advertisement