Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frequency for RTE 1 hd

• 24-09-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Hi all just got everything finally up and running with a saorview aerial , done the auto tune on my tuner , got all the channels except rte 1 ?

what frequency is transmitting at whats the SID number ?

I'm using a dvb t /dvb s pci tuner into a pc not using a set top box

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It depends on where you live. This link has a transmitter coverage map and a list of channel numbers. RTE 1 HD is on Mux (Multiplex) 2.

http://www.freetv.ie/digital-tv-aerial-selection-guide.html

See which transmitter gives you RTE 2 HD on Mux 1. Do a manual scan of the Mux 2 channel number from that transmitter. The signal may be weaker on Mux 2 and be missed on an auto scan. If you can't get it on a manual scan, you probably need to improve your aerial.

UTV Ireland and RTE 1+1 are aso on the same frequency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

i have line of sight to three rock almost 20kms away, don't think its that

It depends on where you live. This link has a transmitter coverage map and a list of channel numbers. RTE 1 HD is on Mux (Multiplex) 2.

http://www.freetv.ie/digital-tv-aerial-selection-guide.html

See which transmitter gives you RTE 2 HD on Mux 1. Do a manual scan of the Mux 2 channel number from that transmitter. The signal may be weaker on Mux 2 and be missed on an auto scan. If you can't get it on a manual scan, you probably need to improve your aerial.

UTV Ireland and RTE 1+1 are aso on the same frequency.

I ll re-do the scan again tomorrow, the aerial I'm using is listed below.http://www.oneforall.co.uk/digital-aerials/sv9450-full-hd-outdoor-tv-aerial.html

what I did find and thought it was strange I tuned in the test pattern page for rte , whats that about ? Last time I seen that was 20 years ago when the channel would stop broadcasting

Saorview channel list

3Rock Mux 1 Ch30 (546Mhz) and Mux 2 (RTÉ1 ) ch33 (570Mhz)
    Kippure Mux 1 Ch54 (738Mhz) and Mux 2 (RTÉ1 ) ch58 (770Mhz)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

levitronix wrote: »
    what I did find and thought it was strange I tuned in the test pattern page for rte , whats that about ? Last time I seen that was 20 years ago when the channel would stop broadcasting

There are a number of test channels being carried also but on a Saorview receiver these would remain hidden, on your setup or non Saorview approved receivers they are displayed as any normal channel.

Saorview channel list

3Rock Mux 1 Ch30 (546Mhz) and Mux 2 (RTÉ1 ) ch33 (570Mhz)
    Kippure Mux 1 Ch54 (738Mhz) and Mux 2 (RTÉ1 ) ch58 (770Mhz)

still cant get the rte 1 HD ? but I got rte 1 off kippure using media portal( this allows you to choose were to scan from) but the hauppage supplied player wouldn't find it,

still cant get the rte 1 HD ? but I got rte 1 off kippure using media portal( this allows you to choose were to scan from) but the hauppage supplied player wouldn't find it,
    Just to clarify, RTÉ1 is the HD version. It doesn't say HD. The +1 version is SD.

Just to clarify, RTÉ1 is the HD version. It doesn't say HD. The +1 version is SD.

when I done the scan first times I didn't find any form of rte 1

It looks like the aerial isn't up to the job. Time to check all connections etc. At 20Km line of sight to 3Rock you could get a signal on a piece of wet string

• Advertisement

I have it on media portal and next pvr just not the hauppage , aerial is fine, its something else

am thinking that a set top box might of been easyer rather than going hptc media server route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

what frequency is transmitting at whats the SID number ?

I'm using a dvb t /dvb s pci tuner into a pc not using a set top box

It wont help you though....the numbers you are asking for are the ones in the brackets after the hex value.

363733.jpg[

I found it in the end , rte 1 was coming at 770.000mhz with utv and the rest were 738.000mhz

for some reason my card was not scanning , everything fine now perfect signal and picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I found it in the end , rte 1 was coming at 770.000mhz with utv and the rest were 738.000mhz

for some reason my card was not scanning , everything fine now perfect signal and picture

They are Kippure frequencies.

RTE 1 and UTV Ireland are both on 770 MHz, channel 58.

738 MHz is channel 54 which carries RTE 2, TG4 and other channels. You shouldn't be getting UTV Ireland on that frequency.

that's what I said 770 for rte 1 and utv, still not sure why card is not picking it on the other frequency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Can anybody shed light on this problem.

I am feeding my saorview and satellite cables through a diplexer/combiner.

Freq range 5-860 Mhz TV and 950-2400 Mhz Sat.

hile I am getting perfect satellite reception, I am only getting RTE 1 UTV and RTE Jnr on the saorview feed.

I am in Co Clare.

fernrock wrote: »
    Freq range 5-860 Mhz TV and 950-2400 Mhz Sat.

hile I am getting perfect satellite reception, I am only getting RTE 1 UTV and RTE Jnr on the saorview feed.

I am in Co Clare.

Saorview channels are carried on 2 frequencies/multiplexes, RTÉ1/+1/UTV/RTÉ Jr are carried on Mux2, the other channels are carried on Mux1.

This is a fairly regular question here, the reason is insufficient signal strength/quality for the missing mux. The cause could be misaligned aerial, bad connection(s), bad cable - damaged/water ingress etc.

The first thing I'd check all accessible connections and cables between the TV point and aerial, if all looks OK aerial may need adjustment.

What is the signal strength/quality readings for the channels you can get as displayed by the receivers own internal signal meter?

Thanks for the info.
    My aerial is wideband in the loft so, that could be my problem

My aerial is wideband in the loft so, that could be my problem

That attic mounted aerial could be a problem, what is your recommended transmitter and how far are you away from it - https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

Thanks for the link I had been searching for this for some time.
    The loft could be the problem.

Transmitter is "cnoc an Oir" 18km @ 167 deg .
    I will check my alignment .

• Advertisement

My aerial is wideband

I'm assuming that's a Group W (black tip) wideband aerial (UHF 21-69), if at some point you are replacing the aerial I'd recommend a Group K (silver tip) reduced wideband aerial (UHF 21-48) to avoid an future potential 4G interference. It'll cover the present and future muxes at Cnoc An Oir.

Thanks for your helpful advise.

Problem solved.
    you are right it's a group W.

I shifted the aerial approx 20 deg. Now all OK.

I will make a note of your aerial advise and, change the aerial if I have any further trouble.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Another example of the effect of the low forgiveness threshold between mux frequencies 24 Megs apart using a slightly misaligned wideband aerial.

The diplexer has no doubt dropped the signal to the level that it is highlighted.

Many of the relay stations aren't anywhere near the 1.5kw that Cnoc an Oir is outputting so its easy to see the problems out there. No doubt that loft aerial was up there pre dvb-t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭daithi7

My tv guy was in today, I'm in Cork City and I couldn't tune into RTE1 for some time like other users here. He tuned into channel 39, & did a scan there which picked up RTE1 fine. So hope this is of use to anyone looking to find RTE1 tuning in Cork or off that transmitter.

Advertisement