Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got an invite for the OnePlus Two today, confused..

Options
  • 24-09-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Currently an owner of the OnePlus One and have no issues with it whatsoever. I got myself an invite for the OnePlus Two today and am considering taking the leap and getting it. My One would then go to either my Dad or my GF, or alternatively I'd just sell on the two if I wasn't liking it.

My GF is looking for a new phone at the moment, specifically with a good camera as she is a trainee hair dresser so will be taking lots of photos of her work. I came across the Moto X Play earlier with has a massive 21 MP camera at a total price of less than than the OnePlus Two. This has done nothing but confuse me!

So at the moment my options are:
    • Upgrade to the OnePlus Two. Give my GF OnePlus One. Dad gets a phone at Christmas.
    • Keep the OnePlus One. Buy GF Moto X Play. Dad gets a phone at Christmas.
    • Upgrade to OnePlus Two. Give Dad OnePlus One. Buy Moto X Play for GF for Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

OnePlus One owner here.

I was excited for the OnePlus Two. I really was.
    I kept an eye on things. Heard the camera reviews. Heard the alleged price point. I thought about making the switch.
    I read some more. But, when I got the invite, I passed.

Want to connect your house with tags, or automate your car?
    No NFC.

Want to finally make powering the device easier?
    No Wireless Charging.
    No fast charging.

Out and about and need to borrow your friends charger
    No standard USB port.

Want to play music? Well, it's only one speaker, unlike it's predecessor.

Liked the OnePlus One battery, and expecting more from the latest and greatest?
    Despite being bigger, it doesn't last longer.

I really wanted to buy the phone. I was excited. But, the old version still kicks ass. I've looked towards the Moto X Pure Edition/Style and find it far better for only marginally more.

Personally, go for the X Style, and not the Play. Or, keep your OnePlus and wait a few months for the next best thing. Maybe the OnePlus Three might be good- if they're still around.

Advertisement