Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues from beginning

Options
  • 24-09-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am mailing to formally make a complaint about the level of service I have received since joining Eir last week.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To begin, I was supposed to be installed Friday 18th September for a morning appointment. I took the morning off work, and no sign of engineer. i rang customer care, told me I couldn't get the engineer number but that he should be on his way. Again no sign by 3pm. i Rang again and I got the name of the engineers company, who i rang. They told me that the install was supposed to be an all day appointment and the engineer rang me and told me he would be with me about 5:30pm. He turned up around 6pm and installed the Broadband which worked straight away. I had to take the whole day off work in the end.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tv install was a different matter as he said that it wasn't registering and it could take 24 hours. He rang customer care to sort it and asked them to call me to finalise the install the next day (Saturday) which he said they would.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday came and I received no call, and had to stream the All-Ireland final because my E-vision was still not working. [/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since then I have had to ring almost every day, to be told that it was passed to the level 2 technical team and it should be sorted by the next day and that somebody will call me. I have not received one call from Eir to acknowledge the fault or to apologise about the delay and it is an absolute disgrace that a company of this magnitude would treat a customer this shoddily. [/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A simple call to me would have shown that Eir actually care about there custom, and considering I am only a new customer, it is always good to leave a good first impression, and you certainly have not.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, rant over; I just want my issue sorted out, or at least some correspondence to apologise/explain etc. [/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wayne [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am mailing to formally make a complaint about the level of service I have received since joining Eir last week.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To begin, I was supposed to be installed Friday 18th September for a morning appointment. I took the morning off work, and no sign of engineer. i rang customer care, told me I couldn't get the engineer number but that he should be on his way. Again no sign by 3pm. i Rang again and I got the name of the engineers company, who i rang. They told me that the install was supposed to be an all day appointment and the engineer rang me and told me he would be with me about 5:30pm. He turned up around 6pm and installed the Broadband which worked straight away. I had to take the whole day off work in the end.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tv install was a different matter as he said that it wasn't registering and it could take 24 hours. He rang customer care to sort it and asked them to call me to finalise the install the next day (Saturday) which he said they would.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday came and I received no call, and had to stream the All-Ireland final because my E-vision was still not working. [/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since then I have had to ring almost every day, to be told that it was passed to the level 2 technical team and it should be sorted by the next day and that somebody will call me. I have not received one call from Eir to acknowledge the fault or to apologise about the delay and it is an absolute disgrace that a company of this magnitude would treat a customer this shoddily. [/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A simple call to me would have shown that Eir actually care about there custom, and considering I am only a new customer, it is always good to leave a good first impression, and you certainly have not.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, rant over; I just want my issue sorted out, or at least some correspondence to apologise/explain etc. [/font]

Good luck getting an explanation, you need to put the complaint on email, then lodge complaint with comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi Hangball Doughboy
    if you PM me your details I will have this investigated and get update on delay and lack of response. Our apologies for this experience. I will push for  quick response here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

eir: Tony wrote: »

Hi Hangball Doughboy
    if you PM me your details I will have this investigated and get update on delay and lack of response. Our apologies for this experience. I will push for  quick response here.
    Tony
    So I PM'd Tony on the 27th; got a reply on the 28th which was

"Wayne
    I can see you were in contact and a new ticket has been opened on your case. I have been advised they expect feedback within 2-3 working days. It does seem last case closed as resolved, but obviously not.. I will chase again Wednesday.
    Tony"

I have heard nothing back since then from Tony. 

Anyway, I've been on to customer care almost every day since; and I can tell you one thing; I have never dealt with a compnay so backwards in my life. The amount of lies I've been told.

Your tv should be activated in 24 hours.
    We will call you to activate it.
    A manager will call you to discuss your issues.

The list goes on.

The first call I received from Eir was today, apologising for the delay, and saying that they would have to cancel down the tv order and reorder the package, as they couldn't seem to resolve the issue. Natasha the customer service agent passed me through to loyalty. The new agent in loyalty said I would have to cancel down my complete account and start again. I told her not to do this as I need the BB, and can do without tv package in the short term. She said fine, no problem. 

After I hung up I realised I need to find out what to do with the 3 e-vision boxes I have, still in their packaging. I rang back up, only for a new agent to say that the previous agent had cancelled down my account!! 

I told her I asked not to be cancelled and she apologised and said she has no idea why her colleague would do this; very sorry etc. I asked her to reverse this and she has, but i could lose service for 24-48 hours. 

At this stage I want to move to another company and will look into this; but first I will be going to Comreg as I have never dealt with a company that deals with their customers so shoddily. Honestly a joke. 

Advertisement