Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint mortgage

Options
  • 24-09-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi my partner and I are hoping to apply a joint mortgage and need some clarification. 

My partner has earning of €44,000 a year gross, public servant job for 2 years.
    I am recently self employed(less than a year) in the construction industry earning at least €30,000 a year gross. 

We have rent payments of €850 made by bank transfer for 2 years. We also have regular savings fortnightly and have nearly enough for a deposit.

My question is because I am not self employed 3 years, will this have  an effect on the mortgage application. I am asking this as one person on an application will not achieve a very high mortgage amount.   

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

jayroyal wrote: »
    Hi my partner and I are hoping to apply a joint mortgage and need some clarification. 

My partner has earning of €44,000 a year gross, public servant job for 2 years.
    I am recently self employed(less than a year) in the construction industry earning at least €30,000 a year gross. 

We have rent payments of €850 made by bank transfer for 2 years. We also have regular savings fortnightly and have nearly enough for a deposit.

My question is because I am not self employed 3 years, will this have  an effect on the mortgage application. I am asking this as one person on an application will not achieve a very high mortgage amount.   
    Hi jayroyal,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If you would like to speak with one of our mortgage advisors they will be happy to assist you. They are available on 0818 200 339 from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday.

Alternatively we would be happy to arrange a call back for you if you would like to send us a PM with your name and contact phone number.

Have a good weekend and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Helen 

Advertisement