Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well over asking price and seller refuses

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its hard to do, but its wise not to get too caught up in it all. It all falls though too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Not play "I'm reducing my offer by 5k a week" games with the EA.
    Just tell them that you've seen another property and if the vendor won't accept your offer, you'll withdraw it and concentrate your efforts elsewhere. Be prepared to follow through on that because if you don't, the EA will know you're there for the fleecing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Why tell the estate agent anything until you have something helpful to say? It is really up to the estate agent to come back, especially as his client doesn't know how much he actually wants.

An oral offer on property is completely non-binding and the agent knows this perfectly well. He knows that if he has to come crawling back to you in a few weeks asking if you are still interested at the price you bid, you are in a strong position.

If this happens, the estate agent of course will act like he is doing you some sort of favour by coming back to you. But don't mind that too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TearFairy

Evening guys,

Just thought I'd update. We got outbid on the house and according to the EA the house went sale agreed for 40k over the asking price. So today I see the house is back on the market at the original asking price!! We are sale agreed and deposit paid on a house around the corner!

Maybe the ea is trying to put off buyers so he can grab a bargain. Seen that done.

• Advertisement

Really Beauf?? Although we had a fair few dramas with the EA we have been dealing with on this house too so nothing would surprise me!

Sure might not be for them, but for someone else. That's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Delighted for ye.

I would say karma is a b1tch for the original vendor, but the blame there needs to be split evenly between ambition and poor advice to him from some "professional" in the property industry. A salutary tale.

Larbre34,thanks a mill. Hard to know what went on or who to blame!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Livefornow

TearFairy wrote: »
    Evening guys,

Just thought I'd update. We got outbid on the house and according to the EA the house went sale agreed for 40k over the asking price. So today I see the house is back on the market at the original asking price!! We are sale agreed and deposit paid on a house around the corner!

Great stuff TF

Hope everything works out for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks Livefornow, so far so god things seem to be moving along.

Advertisement