Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Primetime on 'Housing Crisis'

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

the_syco wrote: »
    Ah. So his issue is the land that he bought in the boom time, that he's now trying to sell with apartments on it, as he can no longer build a few houses and charge a fortune.

I think one of the points that really hit home from Primetime was they were trying to recoup their losses which is driving up cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

MarkAnthony
    I've lived in Toulouse. My friends from there were only over in May looking at the Irish property supplements and daft.ie chuckling at the price differences between the two cities to buy but most particularly to rent.

Your examples are ridiculous. For starters, you've quoted English language sites in a French speaking country. Neither is particularly representative of the market.

Hope you had a good night out all the same. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

the_syco wrote: »
    Ah. So his issue is the land that he bought in the boom time, that he's now trying to sell with apartments on it, as he can no longer build a few houses and charge a fortune.

And the golden cleric award goes to the_syco.
    That's exactly the problem here. This is all a back door bailout for the banks by trying to con new entrants to the market into reducing the bank's losses on over-valued development land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

gaius c wrote: »
    MarkAnthony
    I've lived in Toulouse. My friends from there were only over in May looking at the Irish property supplements and daft.ie chuckling at the price differences between the two cities to buy but most particularly to rent.

Your examples are ridiculous. For starters, you've quoted English language sites in a French speaking country. Neither is particularly representative of the market.

Hope you had a good night out all the same. :)

You keep making these assertions without linking the cheaper properties you imply are in cities all over Europe. You keep ignoring the direct comparisons I made to a city of the same size and similar make up. I've invited an opposing point of view but you insist on keep making off hand remarks rather than do some googling. I'm afraid due to a flaw in the English education system I only speak English - I'd be delighted for you to show me where I'm wrong about French property prices.

I'm asking again for the third time now - whats wrong with Edinburgh as a comparison?

As for the wishes of a good night, that I take at face value and thank you I did :) Not having such a great morning! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

I think aside from what Skehan was saying, I loved the way he looked utterly bemused and wasn't prepared to pretend this was even a viable discussion but more lazy reporting from our illustrious national broadcaster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement