Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VPN issues when using Sky Broadband?

• 24-09-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

My in-laws have just switched to Sky Broadband, having previously been using Eircom.

Since then, my corporate VPN connection, using "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" on Windows 7, no longer works. Specifically, the connection establishes fine, but drops and attempts to reconnect as soon as I send traffic over it. The only logs in the client are along the lines of:

[24/09/2015 22:16:20] Connected to _(endpoint hostname)_
    [24/09/2015 22:16:39] Reconnecting to _(endpoint hostname)_
    [24/09/2015 22:17:33] Reconnecting to _(endpoint hostname)_

It happens regardless of which of our corporate VPN endpoints I select. It worked fine when they were with Eircom, and works fine via Eircom from my own house.

I've no proof it's Sky's fault, but it's suspiciously coincidental.

Is anyone aware of Sky blocking VPN connections, and any potential workarounds?

In case it's useful, the router is a black "Sky Hub" box, model "SR102", firmware "2.1r.3761.R". Googling finds a few threads that suggest tweaking settings in the "Sky Shield" app, but when I try to log in there it says that service isn't available in Ireland. I've clicked around the router's admin page, but can't find anything that looks VPN related.

Thanks,
    Paul.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Try and test on another sky connection to be sure its them.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Deeco

I have the same issue with Sky Broadband, when connected to juniper vpn internet and vpn is useless. I have confirmed no issue with my work network guys.

I also tested with tethering from my Mobile and all is good.

Rang sky and support told me that my network guys could be blocking based on sky's particular settings.

seems a little far fetched as this was working for a while with no issues ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Deeco wrote: »
    I have the same issue with Sky Broadband, when connected to juniper vpn internet and vpn is useless. I have confirmed no issue with my work network guys.

I also tested with tethering from my Mobile and all is good.

Rang sky and support told me that my network guys could be blocking based on sky's particular settings.

seems a little far fetched as this was working for a while with no issues ..

Have heard of a couple of people in my company with the same issue. Not sure if they ever resolved it or got to the bottom of it.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Deeco

"Update"

Working ok now, looks to be Wireless signal related, as I moved to another area in the house.

Will verify again tomorrow :eek::eek:

Advertisement