Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmaceutical work placement for 3rd year

Options
  • 24-09-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but I'm studying pharmaceuticals and I'm going to be doing a 5 month work placement next semester and I'm currently in the process of handing out CVs etc.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any info on undergraduate work placements, I'd like to know of anywhere that is particularly renowned for student internships or if they pay or not.
    Ive been looking into places like Amgen and Abbott but I'm not entirely sure where the best places are.

If anyone has any info for me that would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

This open email was circulated within the colleges a little while ago by Abbott. I don't have the template but you could email the contact below :

Hi

We are delighted to advise that Abbott Ireland has launched the Abbott Ireland Internship Programme 2015/16 with immediate effect.

We have over 40 positions across Ireland for Internship students to commence from January 2016 to November 2016.

We require students who are tracking to a 2.1 or higher, are flexible to be based at any one of our sites in Ireland and are available for a 6-9month placement.

The disciplines which we require are:

Engineering (excluding Computer, Software or Civil Engineering)

Life Science / Food Science (excluding  Physics, Public Healthcare or Physiotherapy)

Quality

EHS

Languages

Please find attached job specifications for these positions

It would be appreciated if you would advertise these positions in your college amongst the relevant students and forward relevant student CVs via email to Natalia Glesmann, at your earliest convenience atnatalia.glesmann@abbott.com

Please note that Applications will be processed in order of receipt.

Also attached is a cv template to assist students in drafting their cv for these positons.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards,

Natalia Glesmann

• Registered Users Posts: 2 corla94

Hi bduffy,
    Thanks very much for this, it will help me a great deal because it gives be somewhere to get started and i was looking into abbott specifically.
    I'll try get a hold of that template if I can, thanks again.

Advertisement