Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v City 26th BT Sports 12:45

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

You need to go to every game:-D:-D
    Think we are all so happy for that performance today.

Especially delighted for KingdomYid who is at the match..

Well done Spurs :)

Cheers lads, was one of those days at the Lane. No better place to be when the sun is shining and the whole place is rocking. COYS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Dier completed more passes than anyone on the pitch on Saturday. Very impressive stat for someone I thought was a make-shift midfielder. It shows how confident a player is - constantly looking to be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Have a look at those stats for other DMs and theyll be consistently pretty similar .

He had a great game defensively and his goal was a cracker but i thought that he gave the ball away quick cheaply in the first half by trying to force passes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

I think we are getting carried away. City were missing a few players and missed a good few chances to put the game out of our reach. When we win three consecutive home games against weaker opposition I'll start to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

golfball37 wrote: »
    I think we are getting carried away. City were missing a few players and missed a good few chances to put the game out of our reach. When we win three consecutive home games against weaker opposition I'll start to believe.

Start to believe what? I don't think anyone is tipping us for the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Cheers lads, was one of those days at the Lane. No better place to be when the sun is shining and the whole place is rocking. COYS!!!!

Hope it went well Donal, beer went down well I'd say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Dier, a master stroke from Poch, or just thrown in there because there was no one else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Hope it went well Donal, beer went down well I'd say :D

Cheers mate, it never went down as good haha. Was in the shelf and standing for the whole game, felt like a proper old school atmosphere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Cheers mate, it never went down as good haha. Was in the shelf and standing for the whole game, felt like a proper old school atmosphere :D

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Dier, a master stroke from Poch, or just thrown in there because there was no one else?

He played at DM a bit for Sporting Lisbon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

golfball37 wrote: »

Bit harsh there golf we were missing players as well! Though they had a few chances they were never camped in our half. I never felt we were under siege. On paper they have a vastly superior team and on the way over I said to the fella with me I'd take a draw in a hearbeat. But on they day a lot of their "stars" didn;t want to know whereas the Spurs guys gave it everything. Great performances from Dier, Alli, Kane and especially Lamella. Not forgetting Lloris of course!
    Long way to go but I think we're going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Let's not forget the hammering we gave chelsea on new years day and within a couple of weeks we were back to our usual crapiness...

... beating city counts for little unless we follow it up with a win at Swansea and the games to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

And with arsenal v united and Everton v Liverpool its a nice chance to close the gap to at least one of the top four.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Let's not forget the hammering we gave chelsea on new years day and within a couple of weeks we were back to our usual crapiness...

... beating city counts for little unless we follow it up with a win at Swansea and the games to follow.

It doesn't count for nothing. Highlight of the season so far, no matter what happens.

But I agree, it would be very annoying if we give it all back against Swansea. Would be all too Spursy.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Have a look at those stats for other DMs and theyll be consistently pretty similar .

He had a great game defensively and his goal was a cracker but i thought that he gave the ball away quick cheaply in the first half by trying to force passes

Yeah it's fair enough that most DMs will have the same passing stats, but most DMs aren't stepping up from centre back - it's a whole different ball game. I think the stat I mentioned just highlights Dier's confidence in the role not bad for a player who isn't naturally as dynamic as a trained DM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Yeah it's fair enough that most DMs will have the same passing stats, but most DMs aren't stepping up from centre back - it's a whole different ball game. I think the stat I mentioned just highlights Dier's confidence in the role not bad for a player who isn't naturally as dynamic as a trained DM.

What people don't realise is he's not completely new to DM, he's played there before for Sporting Lisbon academy

What people don't realise is he's not completely new to DM, he's played there before for Sporting Lisbon academy

Ah now, playing there in the Sporting Lisbon academy is hardly comparable to the Premier League.

He was trained as centre back, he was bought as a centre back and now he's doing a fantastic job in DM.

Advertisement