Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen unresponsive after 9.01 upgrade

• 25-09-2015 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this? Upgraded Herself's iPhone 6 to 9.01 yesterday and within minutes, the screen was unresponsive.

Fingerprint ID worked, but that was the only way of unlocking the phone. Once unlocked, nothing worked - apps, settings, nothing. Holding down the power button to power it off asked me to "Swipe to power off" which of course, I could not do.

After some frantic Googling, I had to hold the power button and the home button at the same time to force a reboot, after which the screen became responsive.

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Exactly as you say, and exact same resolution.

Very odd - have had iPhones since iPhone 3, and never had this bug...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Have had this twice since the upgrade to 9.0.0, haven't gone to 9.0.1 yet. So it's a problem in iOS9 in general, not just the .01 update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Have had this twice since the upgrade to 9.0.0, haven't gone to 9.0.1 yet. So it's a problem in iOS9 in general, not just the .01 update.

Same, noticed it in 9.0 once but haven't seen it happen since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I think I had the same issue earlier on my new 6s plus. I had to give it a hard reset, worked fine since.

One other thing since updating, my home screen doesn't rotate to landscape mode. Anyone else noticing this or is it just me? No problem rotating in any apps, just the home screen.

Edit: never mind I discovered the screen rotating problem was caused by setting the display from standard to zoomed mode. You also lose all the extra columns in mail/notes etc too. Don't use zoomed mode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

iPhone 6 here. Constantly freezing and lagging since latest update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Also, the volume keeps turning down to zero on its own

Advertisement