Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water grant

Options
  • 25-09-2015 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have received my application and Tin from Department of Social Protection for water grant but I did no get past the Tin as it said already applied, on trying again it said invalid. I rang the help number and I was sent out a second TIN with just the last two numbers reversed so very sililar to the first Tin, That did not work either , after 3 phone calls to help line I was asked to give my PPS number but I have had no reply since .Has anyone else had similar experience

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ask Irish Water then:

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1643

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Got my letter and applied ok. Have paid about half what I owe at this stage so IW can have the hundred when I get it as its not mine.

However my son , who also registered at the same time as me, didn't receive his letter. I only discovered this on Friday. Phoned one of the numbers on the website and said all we needed was the TIN as we had everything else. Very pleasant lady who took the call said she had no access to the TIN , but said she would send the letter again. Then An Post announced no post collected/delivered. So as of now he can't apply for the grant. Hopefully they will extend his deadline to take account of this unusual occurrence.

And before anybody says 'did he not know'. The answer is he genuinely didn't know. Single , no meter(which is unfortunate for him as he works for an airline and is seldom at home) he is one of those people who have not yet become cynical and trusts the system totally. So he assumed the grant would be automatically forwarded to him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement