Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE NEW SOCCER MANAGER GUI

Options
  • 25-09-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Has everyone been emailed about this?

LMkLlMP.jpg

Let me be the first to say, I hate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Are they changing the app too?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Another site changing to suit mobiles/tablets

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

richieffff wrote: »
    Are they changing the app too?

Yup. They say they are gonna run both in parallel for a bit then ditch the old versions. Hang on I'll copy the text from their email:

"
    To celebrate 10 years of Soccer Manager Worlds, we're relaunching the game next month and we'll keep you updated with all of the new features along with screenshots prior to launch.
    The first update to tell you about is a slick new design for both the desktop and app.
    Once the new user interface has gone live, existing members of our community will have the option to move freely between both the new and old interfaces. Eventually the old user interface will be phased out but only after our community have had sufficient time to get used to the new one."

Another site changing to suit mobiles/tablets

Booooo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Is this going to fix the crappy game engine or is it purely cosmetic?

• Advertisement

Is this going to fix the crappy game engine or is it purely cosmetic?

They are introducing a new game engine (taken from the single player game). I am using it in the test world but can't honestly tell any difference. Mind you I'm managing Palace and haven't managed to buy anyone really so I dunno are my results correct. Sitting mid-table so prob accurate-ish. The new formations are gonna take some getting used to. 352 is oout the window.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It looks like they've tried to copy Pro Evo! :pac:

Game changes ahoy! They have removed "Target Man" as an option.

The new GUI is launched in the test gw. Looks rubbish. As above, all very dark, with very few discernible new features. Target man is gone, the formations have been tweaked, 352 accepts the players as was, but there doesn't seem to be the ability to choose game features such as counter attack, men behind ball, use play-maker and so on. I dunno if it's jus beta.

So they've finally launched it across all gws. What a brain****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

man its ****!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

They broke the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It is terrible. Doesn't want to cooperate at all on tablet

It's rotten. The old GUI randomly appearing when I click on some gws. Teasin me they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Totally hate it. Have disliked other changes they have made over the years and got use to it but I can't do it with this one. Think am done with SM now.

I've started to zoom out a bit now and it seems to be slightly more manageable. I think it's at about 75%.

It's still very slow though going into each game world. I won't be hanging on to my seven clubs if that problem persists. You could be sitting there for like 15 seconds before the world loads up.

They have put the old gui back. You can opt into the new one. This is what they said they would do in the first place, but obviously the guy surrounded by pizza boxes in the corner of the office who develops the whole site forgot to do it.

The engine and rule changes are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They were saying on Twitter the other day that it is only temporarily that they'll allow switching to the old version. Hopefully the negative feedback has changed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Game changes ahoy! They have removed "Target Man" as an option.

Why did they do that?

That's stupid you don't have the option to use the target man tactic IMO.

tonic wine wrote: »
    Why did they do that?

Yeah makes no sense. It's not like it isn't a legitimate tactic.

• Advertisement

tonic wine wrote: »
    Why did they do that?

Bigger picture is why are they removing features from the game (counter-attack, target man, men behind ball) instead of adding them.
    Other than the much mentioned "new game engine" what have they actually added as a feature? They've played around with player values, increased wages, put up stadium capacities but not actually added any game features for game play. They said we'd get a 2d game centre where we could watch the games. No sign of it.

For me what they are doing is cutting the game back, reducing it, until they eventually mothball it. Sad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So, the chat works on the new GUI but not on the original one .... if you were a sceptic you might say it is intentional

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So, the chat works on the new GUI but not on the original one .... if you were a sceptic you might say it is intentional

I would and I do and I am cos it is. Cvnts.

AM (RL) seems to be able to play M (RL) now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

AM (RL) seems to be able to play M (RL) now?

Seems to depend on the formation. 3-5-2 the left/right winger is just past the halfway line and an AML/R can't play there. 4-4-2a and the same player, in the same position... can play there. Ridiculous.

Works for me in 4-5-1 which is all I care about :pac:

Advertisement