Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Phone bill, debt agencies/solicitors. Advice?

Options
  • 25-09-2015 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys any advice? I stopped paying my phone bill around march as I was in between jobs and had no money, I made the stupid mistake of just ignoring all the letters from meteor. They sent it off to cabot financial and they started sending me letters and I ignored it some more, now solicitors are ringing my house phone trying to get a hold of me, I owe meteor like 900 euro too.

Should I ring up meteor and explain to them my situation at the time in hopes they call off the solicitors? Or do you guys have any advice for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Contact Meteor immediately and make a payment arrangement,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

Send this letter to PIPPA PRENDERGAST COMPLIANCE OFFICER CABOT FINANANCIAL (see cabotfinancial.ie for address details). Make sure to send it by registered post.

Hi there

Send this letter and you are likely to hear no more.

Aileen

Dear Sir

I refer to your letter of XX/XX/XX. I have no contract with Cabot Financial and so will deal with Meteor only. Nor did I receive your Terms of Business letter or a letter from Meteor confirming that my alleged debt . I shall also take a case to the Data Protection Commissioner as you have incorrect personal data that is not up to date on me. You are formally advised to cease and desisit all communication with me by phone or letter and to refer the matter back to Meteor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Ignoring it or avoiding making contact with the third party would be poor advice and will certainly not do you any favours.

Template letters such as the above will only service to paint a poor picture of yourself.

In the contract that you agreed when you took the service, you agreed that your details could be handed to a third party for the purposes of debt recovery. Saying you have no contract with a third party will not stop them contacting you, nor will it stop Meteor from instructing their third party agency to issue legal proceedings.

Contact the agency and arrange a payment plan before it goes any further.

Advertisement