Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How well do you think City Council manages the city?

Options
  • 25-09-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Poll question;

How well do you think Galway City Council manages the City?

How well do you think Galway City Council manages the City? 48 votes

Good---they do a good job and the city is moving forward
    0% 0 votes
    Average---they just do an average job
    14% 7 votes
    Poor----they do a poor job
    25% 12 votes
    Terrible----the city is seriously held back by their poor performance
    39% 19 votes
    I don't know
    20% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Mods; can you change this from a public poll to a private one....I can't modify it after posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

What is the point of this? Are you looking for a tiny tiny reply are and then proclaim it as an official survey and strut the results around?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    What is the point of this? Are you looking for a tiny tiny reply are and then proclaim it as an official survey and strut the results around?

Jeepers if only a boards poll had that impact! Anyhow No, nothing of the sort, I'm just curious to see what people think, poll is free so why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I think it's interesting, although I would imagine most posters here are 3x more likely to complain compared to the average Galwegian.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

People rarely bash their keyboards to praise things, it's just how it is.. Imo it's a very broad question so i don't know if i could answer, but i'll give it some more thought.

• Advertisement

Regardless of the votes, it's such a poor question that the end result will be provide zero insight into anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Follow the going on's of their meetings. It's embarrassing. A few years ago the city was 15 million in the red. It seems like they don't communicate to the public very well. Our esteemed Mayors have been terrible too. Every time I see Photo Op with local reps in the Tribune or Independent, I feel angry.

Advertisement