Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Hunt season 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Anything on Limini in that tour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Anything on Limini in that tour?

"... form of maiden win is great...possible big player in the mares division and the new Dawn Run Novices could be the target"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Wicklow Brave

Thanks for that^ supremenovice. Went into Boylesports earlier to see it and it had been feckin nicked. Just one horse I want to ask you about, sorry to be a pain, Abbyssial?

There was nothing really ground-breaking here to be honest.
    Most notable for me was the fairly luke warm comments on Valseur Lido and Vroum Vroum Mag. I know some around this parish had high hopes for Vroum but I dont think Willie does.
    Also, no mention of Adriana des Mottes, Abbysial or Un Atout so presume they are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Yeah Un Atout is gone for the season

Yeah Un Atout is gone for the season

and Adriana des Mottes retired after getting injured in the RSA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

any mention of Pique Sous?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Pique Sous not mentioned.

Sam Twiston Davies said Dodging Bullets was going to the Open meeting next week "but obviously hes not going now".
    Is he injured or whats the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Sam Twiston Davies said Dodging Bullets was going to the Open meeting next week "but obviously hes not going now".
    Is he injured or whats the story?

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/silviniaco-conti-paul-nicholls-kempton-noel-fehily-conti-to-make-surprise-return-over-hurdles-on-monday/1981965/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Targeted at the Tingle now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Simonsig returns to the track tomorrow.
    2m4f hurdle race at Aintree, Bobs Worth also in it.

Such a shame he got injured for so long, really had the world at his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Shutthefrontdoor running as well tomorrow. Exciting card in Navan on Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Has sprinter retired ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Cant wait to see Sig, 7/4 is madness for a 9 year old of Hendersons off 3 years.

Hope to God he has retained his ability, an absolute joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Shemale wrote: »
    Cant wait to see Sig, 7/4 is madness for a 9 year old of Hendersons off 3 years.

Hope to God he has retained his ability, an absolute joy to watch.

Is he off 3 years? Simonsig was an aeroplane. Be interesting to see if he retains all of that ability??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

I can't imagine them nursing him along for 3 years if he didn't retain some of his ability. Although Henderson doesn't mind running horses back after injury that don't seem up to their best.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Is he off 3 years? Simonsig was an aeroplane. Be interesting to see if he retains all of that ability??

3 years in March, he last race was the Arkle where he struggled to beat Baily Green.

IIRC all of Hendersons horses were in terrible nick, think Simonsig and Sprinter were his only winners that festival. Had gone to town on Simonsig at 4/1 for the following years CC.

Would be wonderful to have the re-emergence of the Champion Chaser, could be some race if he is back with Un De Sceaux and maybe Vautour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Most of them never come back unfortunately. Simonsig would have to be a lay at the prices, would love to see him show some of his old sparkle but just cant see it.

Can't believe he's been off nearly 3 years as well, time is flying!

• Advertisement

Shemale wrote: »
    Had gone to town on Simonsig at 4/1 for the following years CC.

That's interesting, I often wonder if Simonsig and Sprinter Sacre had stayed sound would they have clashed in the QM the following year or what would they have done, who would Barry have ridden? Could Simonsig have beaten a peak Sprinter? Futile of course but anyway. It's a huge shame Simonsig has missed so much but I think he has more a chance of getting back to where he was than Sprinter or Bobs Worth. He's not too old and his problems weren't that serious (AFAIK), just difficult to remedy. Would love to see him back to his best and if he does I'd expect Barry to stay on him for the season. He was and hopefully still is a class animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Johner wrote: »
    Can't believe he's been off nearly 3 years as well, time is flying!

Yeah i thought it was 2014 when he won the Arkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 playtowin

Would love to see him back to his best and if he does I'd expect Barry to stay on him for the season. He was and hopefully still is a class animal.

Has Barry got something in his contract with JP that allows him ride the best of Nicky's? Surprised to see him up tomorrow. If there's a clash, he has to ride for JP?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Yeah i thought it was 2014 when he won the Arkle.

2013 Arkle..that yoke of Pipes bet Champagne Fever in 2014

playtowin wrote: »
    Has Barry got something in his contract with JP that allows him ride the best of Nicky's? Surprised to see him up tomorrow. If there's a clash, he has to ride for JP?

No it's just conjecture on my part but why would Nicky have him on tomorrow? I don't think JP has any obvious QM horses this year so if Simonsig has retained his ability and wins tomorrow, the Tingle Creek etc. and lines up in the QM a 2/1 shot or something, JP will hardly stand in his way and make him ride, I dunno, 33/1 Gilgamboa?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 playtowin

No it's just conjecture on my part but why would Nicky have him on tomorrow? I don't think JP has any obvious QM horses this year so if Simonsig has retained his ability and wins tomorrow, the Tingle Creek etc. and lines up in the QM a 2/1 shot or something, JP will hardly stand in his way and make him ride, I dunno, 33/1 Gilgamboa?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing regarding JP having no outstanding QM horse. Handy one for Barry to be able to fall in. Interesting to see who he chooses should Simonsig and Sprinter make it to Cheltenham in one piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

JP has that one that won the Ryanair from the front. AP got off him and wished he'd ridden him in the Queen Mother

Nulty wrote: »
    JP has that one that won the Ryanair from the front. AP got off him and wished he'd ridden him in the Queen Mother

Uxizandre, aye, he's out for the season unfortunately. I remember JP actually let AP ride Taquin de Seuil in the JLT in 2014 and he won it on him and beat Uxi into 2nd that day. I'd say he'll let Barry do it only for Simonsig and Sprinter if they're in any sort of form. Be a bad dose if Simonsig was out for two years and then when you change jobs, the horse comes back and cleans up with someone else on. Otherwise why wouldn't de Boinville be on him tomorrow instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Simonsig has a degenerative bone disease, for every one good day training he has three bad ones. He's not a long term proposition for Champion chases or anything, save your cash.

Funny thing is there's no strength in depth in the Champion Chase.

Take out UDS (who I already think is over rated) and there's no stand out in the prices. Case can be made for Dodging Bullets. Couple of wins from Simonsig and the bookies will be slashing his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Sizing Granite looks an e/w bet for the CC still.

Very little depth in the KG also once you get past the first 3, two of whom aren't certs to turn up. Simonsig might seem like an old romantic fools play, but Henderson does seem adamant it's the target. Thing about his price (33s), is that if he blows up in the straight today and finishes last, he'll stay the same price. If he wins, he'll be 8s. I might see how he is in the market pre race today. A bit of strength and i might grab 33s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Apparently Simonsig has done plenty of work and will be hard to beat today...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sisyphus Mark II

Anyone think Rebecca Curtis horses are extremely inconsistent and can't jump. They then spring up when you least expect it @ big odds having been unbacked. I seriously don't think she knows what she's at. Also Venetia likes to get a nice price for her horses going days!!!

Nulty wrote: »

Was bulling they went Ryanair with him, was up to my knackers in him ante post for CC.

Shame he is out for the season

Hadnt heard about Simonsigs bone disease, thought it was different injuries.

Not sure what to make of the other day given he is one of Hendersons. B365 cut him to 8 for CC, seems plenty skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Ah for f*ck sake. Absolutely gutted for Nolan and the rest of the yard. He promised to be something special after his Arkle win at Christmas and then broke a blood vessel later in the season. Was looking forward to seeing him back after last season missed year with injury too. Terrible for a small stable to lose its absolute star like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Moyle Park entered in Beginners Chase on Saturday. Redemption awaits for us old timers on here. 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Moyle Park entered in Beginners Chase on Saturday. Redemption awaits for us old timers on here. 😊

Genuinely thought we'd never see him again and feared the worst! Absolutely chuffed he'll be making a long awaited comeback.

I thought the world of him and hoping he'll be an exciting novice chaser this season.

I see the dam of Douvan is up for sale at Tatts on Saturday, in foal to Walk In the Park again. Should fetch a few quid.

http://www.tattersalls.ie/sales/nov2015/00001412.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

More of that returning this week and chasing! Should be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Dermot Weld confirms that high-class stayer Forgotten Rules will go hurdling, likely to make his debut at Xmas, reports the @TheIrishField.

Beyond crazy that no Irish horse is entered for the Betfair Chase considering the million pound bonus is back.

Any top 3 mile chaser should have their season geared around that.

How can O'Leary and Ricci not be sending any over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

They need to move that race from Haydock and put it on a proper chase track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If Haydock was good enough for Kauto Star then surely good enough for the Irish chasers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

mdwexford wrote: »
    Beyond crazy that no Irish horse is entered for the Betfair Chase considering the million pound bonus is back.

Any top 3 mile chaser should have their season geared around that.

How can O'Leary and Ricci not be sending any over.

Very Difficult to win all 3 , and trying could easily scupper Gold Cup Chances. Also 1 million to them is like €200 to most of us ( a few quid but nothing to be loosing sleep over)

Its a pity there is little interest all the same, its doesnt look a great race.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Very Difficult to win all 3 , and trying could easily scupper Gold Cup Chances. Also 1 million to them is like €200 to most of us ( a few quid but nothing to be loosing sleep over)

Its a pity there is little interest all the same, its doesnt look a great race.

It was announced far too late. If it had been announced back in May then Gigginstown and Ricci would both have a runner. Ricci had already said that Vautour would start his season at Ascot before the bonus was even announced so that tells you how late they announced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sir Des Champs back at Thurles tomorrow!

Moyle Pak also going over fences after nearly 700 days off the track!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

kfallon wrote: »
    Sir Des Champs back at Thurles tomorrow!

Moyle Pak also going over fences after nearly 700 days off the track!

Fulham Road in the bumper too. Patrick seem very sweet on him during any of the season previews done this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Can't wait to see Moyle Park back on the track in the Thurles opener. At the time when he was last seen, I believed he could prove to be top, top class and hopefully he returns the same horse after his long absence. Not a betting proposition though for sure.

I hope Ruby just lets him pop off in front as I think that'll prove the best way to ride him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

rossom wrote: »
    Can't wait to see Moyle Park back on the track in the Thurles opener. At the time when he was last seen, I believed he could prove to be top, top class and hopefully he returns the same horse after his long absence. Not a betting proposition though for sure.

I hope Ruby just lets him pop off in front as I think that'll prove the best way to ride him.

Well that was an anticlimax if there ever was one! Mistake at the first and pulled up straight after. Please God there is not something seriously wrong with him considering the injuries he's had.

That said Ttebob looked like the second coming of Un De Sceaux there, absolutely blitzed them!

Advertisement