Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eagles of Death Metal streaming new album

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Silverlake is a serious tune, love how these guys aren't afraid to mess about and keep a sense of humor. Looking forward to seeing them in November!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sounds good on first listen although I am a bit surprised that 3 of the songs are recycles from Honkey Kong. I know a couple of Desert Session songs made it onto Queens albums but only 7 new tracks here is a bit strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Only six new tracks really I think. Eleven in total, three are from his solo album, one is just a short reprise of an earlier song on the album, and one cover. Bit strange considering its been so long since their last album. I only listened to the solo album a couple of times as it never really grabbed me. Didn't realise Oh Girl was from that originally when I first listened to it on the new album. Jumped out at me as the standout track on this album, yet didn't register with me at all when I listened to the solo album. So I guess there was some merit in re-recording some of those tracks.

Judging the album on its own I think it's decent enough if you're a fan already, but probably their weakest effort. But I really like the other three albums so I'm not saying this is terrible or anything like that.

Really looking forward to the November gig now. Been waiting years to see this band.

A couple of songs from Jimmy Kimmel Live. I know Josh probably won't be touring with them but interesting that Jesse isn't playing guitar and they've added a keyboard player. And is Dave going for a cross between Billy Gibbons and Colonel Sanders look?

• Advertisement
Advertisement