Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer universe Checking/reviewing status

Options
  • 25-09-2015 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

I ordered a EVGA 980ti Hybrid from computeruniverse.net last night and paid using my VISA debit card. It is currently in Checking/reviewing state.

How long does it usually take them to finish checking/reviewing and dispatch the item and are their packaging any good if you just ordered one item?

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

So nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

No idea,ive never used them.

But keep in mind you did order on a weekend so you may not get an update till monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 flints11

You should have your card within 5-7 working days,goods are packaged well enough I found,would certanly deal with them again

EoinHef wrote: »
    No idea,ive never used them.

But keep in mind you did order on a weekend so you may not get an update till monday morning.

I actually ordered on Thursday night so I was expecting they would have my order processed on Friday since the card is in stock and ready for immediate dispatch.

I am just a bit anxious since I have never used this site before. I usually use amazon when I order stuff and they dispatch pretty fast :p If by Monday I am still at "Reviewing/Checking" status I will send an email to them to see whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Once you paid by cc you will be fine.
    You are covered if its not what its adverised as or if it doesnt arrive either.
    Enjoy new card

• Advertisement

Well I emailed them today. They responded and said since it was my first order with them they must validate the order for my protection. Because the credit card issuing bank could not provide any info so they can't the credit card.

I emailed her back and told her to change my payment to bank transfer but I'm not sure if I have to contact customer service myself in order to do that. She said they will keep my order for three days. The woman that answered is in accounting department.

But now I am thinking, would it be easier to just cancel the order and re-order again using bank transfer to pay this time. I don't fancy having another €855 out of my account before the pending CC amount comes back to my account. And I don't know how long I have to wait to hear from them.

EDIT: I am also a bit surprised that they didn't contact me straight away. Since I read that their customer service are quite fast to respond if there are any problems with a customer's order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Well I emailed them today. They responded and said since it was my first order with them they must validate the order for my protection. Because the credit card issuing bank could not provide any info so they can't the credit card.

I emailed her back and told her to change my payment to bank transfer but I'm not sure if I have to contact customer service myself in order to do that. She said they will keep my order for three days. The woman that answered is in accounting department.

But now I am thinking, would it be easier to just cancel the order and re-order again using bank transfer to pay this time. I don't fancy having another €855 out of my account before the pending CC amount comes back to my account. And I don't know how long I have to wait to hear from them.

EDIT: I am also a bit surprised that they didn't contact me straight away. Since I read that their customer service are quite fast to respond if there are any problems with a customer's order.

Cancel and Just get it with Amazon.it €860 give or take plus parcel motel and no messing around and top warrenty?

cadete wrote: »
    Cancel and Just get it with Amazon.it €860 give or take plus parcel motel and no messing around and top warrenty?

Thanks, I never use parcel motel before. So when Amazon marked a something that doesn't ship to Ireland but it will always ship to UK?

Seems like the hybrid on amazon.it ships to Ireland.

http://www.amazon.it/VGA-EVGA-GTX980TI-6GB-Hybrid/dp/B00Z6VMWFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443447888&sr=8-1&keywords=980ti+hybrid

EDIT: When ordering from amazon.it there shouldn't be any hiddens charges/tax right?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Thanks, I never use parcel motel before. So when Amazon marked a something that doesn't ship to Ireland but it will always ship to UK?

http://www.amazon.it/VGA-EVGA-GTX980TI-6GB-Hybrid/dp/B00Z6VMWFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443447888&sr=8-1&keywords=980ti+hybrid

EDIT: When ordering from amazon.it there shouldn't be any hiddens charges/tax right?

Yeah if it ships to UK you can use parcel motel as they have a depot in newtonabbey and don't charge extra for it going there first. So you put in the newtonabbey address with your parcel motel id as the delivery they get it send it to dublin depot for sorting then goes to your local motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

No hidden charges cause it's inside the eu, think parcel is 3.50 per drop off

https://www.curiua.com/dp/B00Z6VMWFO
    handy link! there's also an Amazon extension for google chrome aswell for cross checking prices across European stores

• Advertisement

Thanks that is a helpful link.

I just placed an order from amazon.it. It is from an Amazon seller as Amazon doesn't seem to sell themselves. They deliver straight to Ireland so I did't need to use Parcel motel. Unfortunately only standard shipping was available so I guess An Post will be delivering my €850 graphics card.

Just hope everything goes well :)

Advertisement