Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing and Distribution

Options
  • 25-09-2015 12:22pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've set up an eCommerce site, but here is were I am at a loss. I need to generate revenue, by reselling, but I'm not sure of what distributors I could approach to facilitate this. The online store will aim to sell most electronics, clothing, sport, business, DIY and home based products.The other issue is, whom to approach regarding Advertising and Marketing of the site to create awareness of the online store?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments

Itzy wrote: »
    I've set up an eCommerce site, but here is were I am at a loss. I need to generate revenue, by reselling, but I'm not sure of what distributors I could approach to facilitate this. The online store will aim to sell most electronics, clothing, sport, business, DIY and home based products.The other issue is, whom to approach regarding Advertising and Marketing of the site to create awareness of the online store?

Aren't you putting the cart before the horse here? Why set up a site if you don't know what your going to sell or don't have a pipeline of product?

I suggest you sit down and write a proper business plan for the next few weeks and figure out your business from scratch, and go from there. Think of it like a bonus you already have the website framework in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Itzy wrote: »

In many ways you have the cart before the horse..

The key is identifying a product to sell, one for which there is real demand and a profit margin in, then look for suppliers, then get the items on the website..

The products you have mentioned are the hottest contested product lines on the internet. You will be competing with aliexpress and e-bay which is a chilling thought when you look into the margins on these product lines.

You should look into dropshipping these products, but personally I think its not a runner either..

Look for a product or product line that has few suppliers, preferably one where its not as easy/attractive for the customer to order from the far east.

Also, if you have your domain name chosen before your core product then you've already missed a big trick with online marketing :(

Good luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EnRite

Seems like your trying to do to much to soon to begin with, I'd pick maybe 3 products that you have a real interest in and begin selling them first. "sell most electronics, clothing, sport, business, DIY and home based products." is allot for an eCommerce website, not to mention an eCommerce website with a small marketing budget and no established customer base. Maybe begin by selling a couple "electronics" products or"sport" products on your site and scaling up over time.

As for your marketing budget i image your budget is fairly low as your starting out, the best places for you to start would be to create some content on Facebook surrounding your products, get stuck in to learning how to correctly use "Power Editor". Adwords done properly with your budget focusing on a couple of products should show some conversions.

if youre really interested Udemy.com have some marketing coarses for AdWords and Facebook and a whole host of other things, you have to pay but there's some good stuff on there

Advertisement