Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking permits?

Options
  • 25-09-2015 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Going to be moving to Dublin in the next month, viewed a place today in Donnybrook and when I asked about the parking I was told I needed to contact Dublin City Council about it, which I did.
    The girl told me I needed a copy of my licence, a bill with my name on it at the new address, both of which wouldn't be a problem, but the third requirement was that my car insurance had to be changed to the new address in order for me to get the permit.
    The problem is I am on a motor trade policy as a named driver under my dad, so it isn't possible to change the address to Dublin.
    Is there any way around this? The girl on the phone wasn't much help and said i'd have to sort something myself.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, there's no way around it and it's there to prevent fraud and misuse of the permit system.

Should your insurance company be notified that you are going to be changing address in the first place as it is a requirement in their T&C's.

Advertisement