Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best travel mug for car

• 25-09-2015 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

hI all,
    in the mornings ive two drop offs for school and by the time both kids have gone my coffe is nearly cold and ive another hours drive ahead of me. What is the best travel mug out there thats suitable for the car and more importantly keeps the coffee warm. I know a flask can do it but they are cumbersome and its only for my morning drive that im looking something.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

not much help but the only travel mug I ever bring with me is the missus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I read a thread on Reddit recently on this and Zojirushi travel mugs are meant to be better than anything out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

Me and OH have been using BODUM travel mugs for a few years now. If I fill it with coffee in the morning at 8, it's still warm 1.5-2 hours later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I read a thread on Reddit recently on this and Zojirushi travel mugs are meant to be better than anything out there.

+1 for Zojirushi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I highly recommend Contigo mugs. Vacuum stainless with an autoseal lid keeps your coffee properly hot over 2 hours.

I have not tried the one recommended above, but I did try many and the Contigo was the first that didn't disappoint. I've since bought another half dozen as gifts and to have a spare in the office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I highly recommend Contigo mugs. Vacuum stainless with an autoseal lid keeps your coffee properly hot over 2 hours.

I have not tried the one recommended above, but I did try many and the Contigo was the first that didn't disappoint. I've since bought another half dozen as gifts and to have a spare in the office.

+1 for the Contigo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

+1 for Contigo. It's also leak proof and one handed operation which is handy while driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Impress Coffee Brewer FTW:
    http://shop.gamilacompany.com/impress/features/

I work from home so usually make coffee by other methods, but when I'm out and about this is the only thing I'll be reaching for.
    Along with a flask of hot water (or the Kelly Kettle) and a Porlex grinder with fresh ground in the bottom and whole beans in the top, this thing keeps me in lovely fresh coffee for the whole day.

CAUTION: it's very well insulated, so your coffee will hold its temperature for several hours. Be careful of getting scalded! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

The Contigo didn't impress me, it was very prone to leaking.
    It seems to be a relatively common issue with them.

I found the 'Thermos Premium Series Travel Tumbler' very good, single button on top to open/close, find it excellent for keeping coffee hot/warm for a long period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭arabica69

The Zojirushi SM-KHE36 will finally be available to purchase in Ireland in the next couple of weeks. Given the commercial R&R's of the board I'll need to keep deets vague... but do keep an eye on social media (I'd be hopeful someone unaffiliated will point whomever's interested in the right direction).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

arabica69 wrote: »
    The Zojirushi SM-KHE36 will finally be available to purchase in Ireland in the next couple of weeks. Given the commercial R&R's of the board I'll need to keep deets vague... but do keep an eye on social media (I'd be hopeful someone unaffiliated will point whomever's interested in the right direction).

it's available already

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zojirushi-SM-KHE48AG-Stainless-Steel-16-Ounce/dp/B005PO9T44

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Keep an eye on the Irish sites too, coffeeangel, 3fe et all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

donnacha wrote: »
    +1 for Zojirushi

Just to add to my +1 on these. I have dropped mine now a couple of times in a rush leaving the house - couple of dents but it still performs amazingly with no leaks.

Most work days I'll brew 750ml by chemex 6:45am and it will still be hot in the Zojirushi at 4/5pm in the afternoon (if there is any left :pac:)

Advertisement