Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZyXEL eircom D1000 modem & Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home network storage system

Options
  • 25-09-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi eir,

I moved house a few months ago.  In the former house I had eircom eFibre internet which was good.  I used a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home network storage system out of the box and connected it to the eircom provided modem/router.  No changes were required to the settings in the modem nor to the GoFlex and the system worked fine.

After I moved house, to a more rural location without eFibre, I continued my subscription with eircom.  The ASDL I now have has a max speed of 24mb.  Also I am now using an eircom supplied ZyXEL eircom D1000 modem.  I had a lot of difficulties with the internet connection and following a visit to my home and help from eircom technical support, the problem was discovered to be the use of the Seagate GoFlex network storage system on the ZyXEL modem.  Now I cannot use the GoFlex if I wish to maintain my internet connection.

I am writing to you to enquire if there is a work around for this problem.  Is there any settings in the ZyXEL modem software which I could modify to enable the use of the GoFlex.  At present I have not made any changes to the ZyXEL modem.

Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

loblake wrote: »
    Hi eir,

I moved house a few months ago.  In the former house I had eircom eFibre internet which was good.  I used a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home network storage system out of the box and connected it to the eircom provided modem/router.  No changes were required to the settings in the modem nor to the GoFlex and the system worked fine.

After I moved house, to a more rural location without eFibre, I continued my subscription with eircom.  The ASDL I now have has a max speed of 24mb.  Also I am now using an eircom supplied ZyXEL eircom D1000 modem.  I had a lot of difficulties with the internet connection and following a visit to my home and help from eircom technical support, the problem was discovered to be the use of the Seagate GoFlex network storage system on the ZyXEL modem.  Now I cannot use the GoFlex if I wish to maintain my internet connection.

I am writing to you to enquire if there is a work around for this problem.  Is there any settings in the ZyXEL modem software which I could modify to enable the use of the GoFlex.  At present I have not made any changes to the ZyXEL modem.

Many thanks for your help.
    Hello loblake

I am genuinely sorry to hear of this and I do wish I could provide a solution however eir are unable to assist with third party functions of their supplied modem - ultimately the modem is supplied under the terms of supplying a stable internet connection and any usage of the modem beyond this is deemed to be at the user end responsibility.

That is not to say that you cannot continue to work on this yourself or even source an alternative modem that will indeed work with the Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex system.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement