Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunar Eclipse 27/8 Sept2015

Options
  • 25-09-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

Weather Forecast is for high pressure so might be visible. Anyone any eclipse tips? The few times I took moonshots I went sunny/f11 with the longest lens I had.
    I suppose I can expose a bit more for the darker moon right? Will it still look red?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Have a look here.

You should get some tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭ps200306

Weather Forecast is for high pressure so might be visible. Anyone any eclipse tips? The few times I took moonshots I went sunny/f11 with the longest lens I had.
    I suppose I can expose a bit more for the darker moon right? Will it still look red?
    The problem is during the partial phase of the eclipse, the contrast makes the unlit part of the moon appear very dark. This is true of both your eye and a photographic exposure. You'll have to over-expose the lit part if you want any detail on the rest. As it hits totality there is a fairly sudden change in appearance where the glare disappears and you get a lovely soft rose pink/red appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭John mac

[IMG][/img]21151719954_f737f04a23_c.jpgLunar Eclipse 2015 by JOhn Mac, on Flickr

heres one i got .

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

My effort after 3 long hours processing 280 shots :eek: - Taken from backyard on tripod. Only done the first half of the Eclipse as I was working on the morning...

21604580658_31a6162656_b_d.jpg

Canon 1100D
    SkyWatcher ST80 400mm
    12X stack of a total of 280 raw
    Stacked in Registax v6 and Processed in CS6

Advertisement