Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil service, drug testing

Options
  • 25-09-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm Applying for a position in the civil service as an EO. Would anybody be able to tell me if i have to pass a drug test to get this position.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm 99% sure the answer is No.

All publicjobs competitions recently have done Garda checks and that's about it from what I understand.

never heard of any such test and I'm ten years in public/civil service

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

I work as a nurse and have never had such a check so I highly doubt it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For teaching permanent appointments there was a medical that involved a urine test though I don't think drugs was one of the tests they were doing.

Probably all changed now under the present contract system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

If this is a concern then you probably have bigger issues that you need to address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I'm Applying for a position in the civil service as an EO. Would anybody be able to tell me if i have to pass a drug test to get this position.

No you dont. Just the normal recruit and select criteria set down on the Public jobs website.

Only if you were going for something in Emergency services, i.e. AGS or Ambulance service, a blood /urine test may apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Senior management in my dept. seem to be on ketamine most of the time, judging by the decisions they come to, so I'd say you're ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'm Public Service and had to do a medical which involved a pee test (which I am assuming is drug test). I had a CS job before that and the most they did was Garda Vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Monife wrote: »
    I'm Public Service and had to do a medical which involved a pee test (which I am assuming is drug test). I had a CS job before that and the most they did was Garda Vetting.

It isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

testicle wrote: »
    It isn't.

What is it then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement