Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullyvale - Boilers

Options
  • 25-09-2015 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I live in Tullyvale in Cherrywood and my boiler recently burst. The existing gas fireplace boilers are obsolete so apparently there is no alternative but to install a different type gas boiler which will need to be located in the door beside my balcony - therefore blocking access - and needs a pipe to an external wall. I know if you do this via sustainable energy you can get a grant but it will still look terrible in the room and impede access.

I know many owners have had this problems and more are likely too - has anyone come up with an alternative type of energy that can be used - or different type of boiler? the management company won't hear of it but maybe that is as no one has considered it up to now?

the roofs are under legal dispute with the developer so I can't so anything apparently that interferes with the roof.

Catherine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Hi,

I live in Tullyvale in Cherrywood and my boiler recently burst. The existing gas fireplace boilers are obsolete so apparently there is no alternative but to install a different type gas boiler which will need to be located in the door beside my balcony - therefore blocking access - and needs a pipe to an external wall. I know if you do this via sustainable energy you can get a grant but it will still look terrible in the room and impede access.

I know many owners have had this problems and more are likely too - has anyone come up with an alternative type of energy that can be used - or different type of boiler? the management company won't hear of it but maybe that is as no one has considered it up to now?

the roofs are under legal dispute with the developer so I can't so anything apparently that interferes with the roof.

Catherine

Hi Catherine i just sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

• Registered Users Posts: 8 catherine healy

Hi

I am very interested but apparently they are no obsolete and the only way is to source second hand?

Apparently there are new types of boilers that can go on outside walls. That might work.

Cheer
    Catherine

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Hi

I am very interested but apparently they are no obsolete and the only way is to source second hand?

Apparently there are new types of boilers that can go on outside walls. That might work.

Cheer
    Catherine

Did you get my private message? If you want to send me a contact number i may be able to help.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Sorry for dragging up an old post, but we are having the same issue with the back boiler fecked.

Op did you get it sorted and what did you go with in the end

• Advertisement
Advertisement