Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic Car Websites

Options
  • 25-09-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

After many years of looking at Classic cars for sale websites just to look at the pictures etc I decided it would be great to have a website whereby classic car owners could simply show off high res pictures of their classic cars and talk about what work they have completed etc and viewers could ask questions etc.

So I build a site over the summer called "ShowOffYourClassic" for just this. As this is my first post on boards.ie I'm not allowed to include the URl, however its a .com site!

I have just put the site live and would be very interested in comments about how to improve the site and what classic car enthusiasts would really like to see.

All comments greatly appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Didn't have much time to look at it properly but initially I've noticed one car has its eircode listed which I wouldn't think is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

One thing I couldn't see was how to create a listing on the site. I was using a mobile device to browse the site.

Also as kev says above, loose the Eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bcullen1974

Hi All,

Many thanks for the replies,

Kev, I will be removing the eircode or address element as we don't want to draw attention to the storage location of your classic car!

Jano, Well spotted regarding registering via a mobile device. The register link does not show properly! I'll get this fixed.

Thanks Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Thank
    Hi All,

Many thanks for the replies

Jano, Well spotted regarding registering via a mobile device. The register link does not show properly! I'll get this fixed.

Thanks Again.

So you use the register to submit a listing. That isn't really clear.

Also, I used Chrome on Windows and I couldn't see it either.

Edit. I used a windows machine later

Advertisement