Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Idea Advice

Options
  • 25-09-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Just wondering if theres anyone i can talk to about a business idea that i have, obviously i dont want to post it up incase the idea is stolen, its a brilliant idea and im very surprised nobody else has done it unless theres something im missing

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Your Local Enterprise Office (look for them on the council website).

Or maybe some boardsie will chat with ya by PM. Of course you don't know they won't steal it. But eventually you'll have to risk telling someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Duckett

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

Duckett wrote: »

Ok so the idea is an alcohol version of justeat, an intermediary between the consumer and the off licenses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Saw that, a system similar to how the lotto site works would counteract that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 thedave1989

With something like this you would need to have online payment set up. only companies doing home delivery are supermarkets like tesco and supervalu but for this you have to place the order the day before, no good for a last minute session, but you still need to comply with alcohol times as well, as in you cant deliver to a house after 10pm or before 10.30am.

personally I think its a good idea but is it an idea popular enough to have off licences employ a delivery driver for the night? how many orders is he going to deliver per night, realistically? in my opinion the highest demand for alcohol delivery would be weekends AFTER 10pm when people are after having a few drinks and need a top up

Maybe do a trial run in your local off licence. if you are near a college I feel that would help a lot, set up an app and throw some flyers up around the college (not sure of the laws on advertising alcohol sales). I'm sure a local off licence would get on board if you were to do the deliveries yourself until you know if it will take off as a business. That way they don't have anything to lose.

That's the only advice I can give. Hope it's of help to you

With something like this you would need to have online payment set up. only companies doing home delivery are supermarkets like tesco and supervalu but for this you have to place the order the day before, no good for a last minute session, but you still need to comply with alcohol times as well, as in you cant deliver to a house after 10pm or before 10.30am.

personally I think its a good idea but is it an idea popular enough to have off licences employ a delivery driver for the night? how many orders is he going to deliver per night, realistically? in my opinion the highest demand for alcohol delivery would be weekends AFTER 10pm when people are after having a few drinks and need a top up

Maybe do a trial run in your local off licence. if you are near a college I feel that would help a lot, set up an app and throw some flyers up around the college (not sure of the laws on advertising alcohol sales). I'm sure a local off licence would get on board if you were to do the deliveries yourself until you know if it will take off as a business. That way they don't have anything to lose.

That's the only advice I can give. Hope it's of help to you

Thanks for the advice, molloys and o briens also do deliverys so i think thats about 30 off licenses in Dublin from the get go, but as you mentioned its next day delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

A lot of off licenses in Dublin do Dial-A-Can. AFAIK there is a handful in Government how would like it banned. If the business becomes to big. I think you can expect it to be banned

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/new-dialacan-service-makes-enforcement-impossible-26425081.html

Advertisement