Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2016

Options
  • 25-09-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Didn't see another thread and with a week to go till ticket day thought it might be a good time to throw it out there.
    We're going to be trying for the coach again.

So who's hoping to go, have you checked your registration is still active and also the inevitable headliner chat?

My nerves are already in tatters over getting tickets. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

jeez, didn't realise it was next weekend!
    hopefully the newbies in our group actually registered, had reminded them a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

People who have been before what's the easiest way to get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

MadYaker wrote: »

Getting the coach from Bristol probably unless you want to drive. Ferry is expensive though and I personally wouldn't want to be driving after 5 days in a field.
    Booking a hotel for the Monday night afterwards is a must. That shower and sleep is the best ever!

we got the ferry last year. worked out about 110 each for 3 people, which wasn't far off the cheapest prices i saw for flights, not including extra baggage charges and then transport from the airport to the festival.
    we went Dublin-Holyhead because of circumstances, but I'd go from Rosslare in future, as it breaks up the driving.
    definitely get a hotel for the Monday night, we got the ferry back around 8pm Monday night and were in absolute bits. it was nice to be in my own bed on Monday night though.

We're thinking of flying. I'd have to be the driver any way and there'll be so much drink and drugs in my system I won't be able to drive for a week after, fingers crossed for tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

We actually flew into Southampton, picked up a campervan we rented and drove up from there. Took about 3hours, very handy & no traffic at all and it's a nice small stress free airport too which is great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 StephenOT

In Bristol is the airport far from where you get the coach and is it hard to find?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

StephenOT wrote: »
    In Bristol is the airport far from where you get the coach and is it hard to find?

there is a regular bus service from the airport that brings you to the bus station where the coaches go from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Drove over last year. Rented a campervan in Meath, got the ferry from Dublin to Holyhead, drove down through the night. Pretty simple drive. Came home from Pembroke to Rosslare. It means you can bring as much stuff as you like in the van!

On top of tickets, the cost was:
    800 for campervan for the week between 4, so 200 each.
    480 for the ferries, 120 each
    Supplies/diesel around 100 each
    I brought 350 sterling, came home with 150

It is the best week ever. So sad I can't go this year.
    2017, I'll be there (can't remember is 2017 or 2018 the year off)

it was supposed to be 2017, but Michael said recently that it will be 2018 instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Registered for this but none of my friends have, how much of a deposit do they take out ? and if I sell the ticket in April how much would I lose ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Pretty sure its a 50 pound deposit and has to be from a credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

threein99 wrote: »
    Registered for this but none of my friends have, how much of a deposit do they take out ? and if I sell the ticket in April how much would I lose ?

you'll get £35 back so would lose about £15

Eeek! Anyone else getting super nervous? I was really disappointed we didn't get tickets last year, but then if we had gotten tickets we might not have gone to Slane to see the Foo Fighters. I would have been really gutted to have missed them.

I have a feeling that 2016 is going to be an awesome year for Glastonbury!

Has anyone every stayed at Zoo Loos? (Just out side one of the campervan sites.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Got em! Delighted.

Single tab, keep clicking F5 got me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Had been planning on taking a year off, decided to try the site at 7 to see how busy it was, got in after 2 clicks and temptation took over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yes boy!!!!!! Got me ticket. Glasto here I come. Let the usual Lineup rumour begin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Bristol airport. There are busses to Bristol and last year there was a taxi-share service at the airport. Easy to get to from Bristol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Gawd that sale was brutal. Got to payment page a couple of times and told it was sold out. Lingered on the reg page and got back in then found out my partner in crime had pipped me to the post. So we're going to Glasto babee!!!

So Daft Punk yeah?? David Bowie??? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'll beat the crowd and start the petition against next year's headliner now.

• Advertisement

No luck :( Have to try again on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just checking something; I managed to get tickets last night and got the conformation email last night. I just remembered though I made a new registration this year and changed my address to Dublin, although my billing address on the Credit Card I used is still in Waterford, does this matter?

I'm probably being paranoid but until the money is taken from my account I won't be able to relax fully :p

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

First time last year so now keener than ever to get them tomorrow. Any hot tips for success?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Going to try in the morning. Have been lucky two out of three times I've tried. Down in Dingle with terrible wi-fi so not overly optimistic this time, it'll deoend on friends getting in. Anyone got any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good luck in the morning kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lameusername

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Just checking something; I managed to get tickets last night and got the conformation email last night. I just remembered though I made a new registration this year and changed my address to Dublin, although my billing address on the Credit Card I used is still in Waterford, does this matter?

I'm probably being paranoid but until the money is taken from my account I won't be able to relax fully :p

You're allowed multiple regs so I think you're ok. Could always ring see tomorrow.

Good luck everybody!!! So nervous! Eekkkk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lameusername

Sheog wrote: »
    Good luck everybody!!! So nervous! Eekkkk!

Hurricane F5 is about to make landfall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just getting blank pages mostly. The phone is getting the holding page, but nothing further yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

No response at all so far - anyone?

Advertisement