Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

yep very daunting !! For me sunday going to be the busiest - lots on of interest !! Cant wait now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Basq wrote: »
    My two thoughts exactly..

.. spotted FR are playing twice on Friday - Other Stage and Williams Green that night (the latter will be mobbed I'd say).

Nice, didn't notice that, I wonder if it will just be Scott at Williams Green? Although think the later one clashes with Foals for me.

Looking forward to going through clashfinder later. I don't think I'm doing to bad for clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

What's the story with the Bimble Inn? 90% TBA.
    One of the best venues IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Morris Day & The Time are playing at a Prince tribute in Hammersmith Apollo on Friday 24th alongside Ceelo Green and Mark Ronson. Have my ticket :)

Would be very surprised if they don't make an appearance at Glasto.

• Advertisement

3 days! Packed all my stuff into my rucksack so I'm pretty much ready to go. I am very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Packed today as well!

Though have a Live Wallpaper showing the latest Glastocam from BBC and it's refreshing every 15 minutes. It ain't pretty at the moment! :(

nzrLtq3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Forecast is good though, high pressure building for next weekend. :)

Forecast is good though, high pressure building for next weekend. :)
    Hopefully.. and hoping good drainage to harden up that ground before the masses arrive from Wednesday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There has been loads of rain here over the last few days, but by no means constant. Drainage is very good on site now so once it is dry from Tuesday all should be fine, although I'd rather it was dry earlier as I've to drive the camper van into the field on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Already have my Sky Box all set to record everything. My usual Glastonbury tradition enjoying it from my couch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That weather better get its sh1t together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Already have my Sky Box all set to record everything. My usual Glastonbury tradition enjoying it from my couch :)

I'm in this boat too :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's properly pissing it down here this morning, meant to be clearing up from this afternoon though according to the local news reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Have a great time everyone heading over this week. Can't make it this year as I'm in France at the Euro's. It's simply the best week you'll ever have. Get there early and get to know the site. Spend time in the smaller/stranger areas of the festival, talk to people, share a can with people and just go with the flow. It's a magical place especially away from the main stages.

My biggest tip is to just pace yourself with the booze, it's an absolutely draining week and a heavy hangover will really dampen your fun. Get 6 or 7 litres of water into you every morning and a mountain of food. Also, I usually had a late night (5am and 6am finishes), followed by an earlier night (1am or 2am finishes). The earlier nights allowed me to get up and about ahead of the majority of people some mornings. There is some amazing things to do and see early in the mornings around the Greenfields area etc so make sure you have a bimble around some morning when the rest of the site is sleeping, you'll meet some fantastic people!! Spend an hour in the hammocks at the top of the Park near the Glastonbury sign, lie down at the Stone Circle, have a hot shower, grab the best tea and toast you can imagine,

Gutted I'm not going to be there next year but looking forward to reading the stories here next week and watching the footage on BBC.

Get 6 or 7 litres of water into you every morning...

I'll have to assume that is a typo. Drinking that quantity of water a day would be more dangerous than drinking loads of cider. Drink a load of cider and you'll eventually end up in a heap on the floor beside your tent and wake up the next day with a very sore head, but drink that quantity of water and you'll be dead from hyponatremia.

Basic point remains fine though, don't forget to drink water along with your fermented apple based beverages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Basq wrote: »
    Hopefully.. and hoping good drainage to harden up that ground before the masses arrive from Wednesday.

You will be grand .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

bennyc wrote: »
    You will be grand .

Pretty sure thats from a few days ago with the thunder storm. Rain easing off and still wet but not flooded anymore.
    I remain optimistic (ish)

It's going to be muddy. I'm bringing wellies.

MadYaker wrote: »
    It's going to be muddy. I'm bringing wellies.

Walking boots and gaiters is what you really want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Hope the weather clears up for those going. A week I always look forward to from the comfort of my living room.

Have they dispensed with the Sunday afternoon legend slot on the main stage? Can't see anyone there who fits that bill, always one of the weekend highlights I thought.

Jeff Lynne's ELO is taking that slot if I'm not mistaken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Hope the weather clears up for those going. A week I always look forward to from the comfort of my living room.

Have they dispensed with the Sunday afternoon legend slot on the main stage? Can't see anyone there who fits that bill, always one of the weekend highlights I thought.

They're all gradually getting locked up for historical sex abuse.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Jeff Lynne's ELO is taking that slot if I'm not mistaken?

Ah I suppose it could be. Won't be a patch on Dolly but then how does anyone follow that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Won't be a patch on Dolly but then how does anyone follow that?

By being Lionel Richie.

Toast wrote: »
    By being Lionel Richie.

Hello?

Lionel was incredible last year in fairness.. far surpassed the big-breasted mime-machine!

Am loving ELO too actually.. didn't realise how much of their stuff I knew until I banged on a greatest hits..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Lionel rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

Thanks to the wonders of the internet, worthyfm is now live.

The ground will be fine. It'll be the usual craic. You'll come home muddy and sunburnt counting the days till October.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

This time last year, I had just parked up in the campervan site after driving through the night :(

Have a great time everyone who's at it.

Advertisement