Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Utah wrote: »
    This time last year, I had just parked up in the campervan site after driving through the night :(
    This year, you'd probably be sitting in traffic at this time!

Hoping it's better tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

MadYaker wrote: »
    It's going to be muddy. I'm bringing wellies.

If you can keep us posted with how it's all going. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Blahfool wrote: »
    Thanks to the wonders of the internet, worthyfm is now live.

The ground will be fine. It'll be the usual craic. You'll come home muddy and sunburnt counting the days till October.

I already am (ticketless).

Very envious even watching the rain and traffic queues...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Really enjoyed watching Glastonbury on the BBC website last year. Their coverage was amazing and it looks like the same deal this year. The video feed quality is unreal. Shame that thus far the music is horrific.

Looking forward to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Why do so many folk bring flags on huge flagpoles? Its not a flag wavers convention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

ZZ Top!!!!

Love the stage set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

ZZ Top!!!!

Love the stage set-up.

Billy Gibbons, what age is he now? Late 60s? Still a beautiful guitar player and cool as fùck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Looking forward to the foals, nice start!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

adox wrote: »
    Billy Gibbons, what age is he now? Late 60s? Still a beautiful guitar player and cool as fùck.

Yeah its amazing....people kinda assume they were an 80s band but ZZ Top were actually formed in the 60s!! Really enjoyed that but wished they'd shown more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah ZZ Top have still got it, I saw them on the Eliminator tour in 1983 at the Glasgow Apollo, an amazing group. I wished they done Cheap Sunglasses though, one of my all time favourites.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Foals were playing for a good 2 minutes not realising the sound was cut :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Zz top were absolutely magic

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

While you waiting for muse, click the red button then the blue ( if you have sky) and watch Dakhabrakha - deffo something different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

One of the better bands of last few years "Savages" live at Glasto now on BBC iPlyaer These Ladies ROCK even in Louboutin high heel shoes !

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

I never realised how off the wall Roisin Murphy is..enjoying her though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Muse on bbc4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

DominoDub wrote: »
    One of the better bands of last few years "Savages" live at Glasto now on BBC iPlyaer These Ladies ROCK even in Louboutin high heel shoes !

The're freaking amazing live top act IMHO!

mollser wrote: »
    Muse on bbc4 now

Band I haven't followed for about 10 years, so nothing I know so far.... wait as I type here's one :pac:

Still very impressive players.

What I love about this every year is the quality of sound BBC air vs other broadcasters. Watched Rock am Ring stuff from Germany this year and the sound was horrific in the broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Really enjoyed watching the live-streams of Daughter, EITS and Savages. All great bands who are even better live. A lot of sh1t on that line-up too though TBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Watched Rock am Ring stuff from Germany this year and the sound was horrific in the broadcast.
    They're just trying to faithfully recreate what it's actually like to be at the main stage at a large music festival. It makes for a more immersive experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Billy Gibbons joined Ronnie Spector for Be my Baby. Me like

They're just trying to faithfully recreate what it's actually like to be at the main stage at a large music festival. It makes for a more immersive experience.

Oh I get that , but some of the stuff they broadcast for Rock am Ring , the deftones and chilli peppers sets in particular were far from immersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Band I haven't followed for about 10 years, so nothing I know so far.... wait as I type here's one :pac:

Still very impressive players.

What I love about this every year is the quality of sound BBC air vs other broadcasters. Watched Rock am Ring stuff from Germany this year and the sound was horrific in the broadcast.

I've given up on them a couple of times, they take a bit if patience, but live they keep getting better and better.

BBC do a wonderful job, and to think the uk public would vote to rid themselves of it if there was a referendum lol, just read digital spy/ daily mail

mollser wrote: »
    I've given up on them a couple of times, they take a bit if patience, but live they keep getting better and better.

BBC do a wonderful job, and to think the uk public would vote to rid themselves of it if there was a referendum lol

:D

Oh I get that , but some of the stuff they broadcast for Rock am Ring , the deftones and chilli peppers sets in particular were far from immersive.
    It was a joke about how **** the sound is at sets in big, windy fields, dude. If the audio's muddy on a TV broadcast, the sound engineer's ****ing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Loved the first two Muse albums but then went right off them. Underworld on at 11.30. Get in!

It was a joke about how **** the sound is at sets in big, windy fields, dude. If the audio's muddy on a TV broadcast, the sound engineer's ****ing up.

ha went over my head :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

For those with motorised dishes, the whole 6 six stages free to air all weekend on 23.5E, Full HD 1920 x1080.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057603245

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Now THIS is a beast Muse tune!

• Advertisement

That's a shocking choice of an opening tune from Underworld.

Advertisement