Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Anyone have the free to air names for the BBC red button channels. I have BBC red button 1 but there are others just to know what they're called.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Anyone have the free to air names for the BBC red button channels. I have BBC red button 1 but there are others just to know what they're called.

6802-6807 and 6811

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

STB. wrote: »
    6802-6807 and 6811

Perfick, thanks

The info is here if anyone else needs it
    Astra 2E, Frequency 12422
    Polarisation: Horizontal
    Mode: DVB-S, QPSK
    Symbol Rate: 27500
    FEC: 2/3

Channel Service ID
    BBC RB 2 6802
    BBC RB 3 6803
    BBC RB 4 6804
    BBC RB 5 6805
    BBC RB 6 6806
    BBC RB HD 6811

I see Madness are playing here at the minute.

Surely they're a bit out of touch with something like this(ages mainly 18-35) in 2016 and not a very lively act.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ah I dunno...i'm not biggest Madness fan but i'm sure the 18-35 year olds can appreciate good older music too, plus Madness are still making fairly decent records now, Liberty of Norton Folgate was sublime. No Chas Smash though and looks like one or two others may be MIA too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Underwhelming last night for my tastes. Most if the interesting stuff was at the little BBCs presenters set. That French girl with the dance moves was pretty intersting and I really enoyed the couple of songs by Reef.

I saw(but didn't catch) Half Moon Run were supposed to have played last night. Would love to catch some of their set. A band that can deliver live.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Surely they're a bit out of touch with something like this(ages mainly 18-35) in 2016 and not a very lively act.

Only been there once but there were plenty of very much older punters there as well. The diversity was one of the many things I loved about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Watching "Floating Points " now live on iPlayer ..nice live future music great to see electronics mixed with brass and strings done right. Reminds me of 4hero

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Watching Adele, had to turn her off. Too much chatting and she's after bringing a child up on stage and rambling to her.... Not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I actually am really enjoying her, she's very charming and funny

• Advertisement

I actually am really enjoying her, she's very charming and funny

I'm just a grumpy C*nt :)

Yeah turned Adele off and went to th red button. Tame Impala

adox wrote: »
    Yeah turned Adele off and went to th red button. Tame Impala

Same! Brilliant at EP last year

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The crowd watching Madness was massive, appeared to be all ages and they looked like they were having a great time. Personally I thought they were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Tame Impala set looked amazing

Wouldn't be into Adele's music at all just so far from my kind of thing, but this is actually the first time I've ever heard her speak. Common as muck accent swigging a mug of tae on stage , she's brill!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Thank god for the red button, cannot stand that Adele, great to see New Order are playing!!!

Snarky Snark Snark

New order are ok, bit meh tbh,

Might skip at EP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

It wasn't on any of the stages, but where they have the acoustic mini-stage by the BBC studio. Christine and the Queens played Tilted, which I think is a really great song, but the giveaway was when the presenters came over to chat to her straight afterwards and her microphone wasn't even switched on! I think she was probably miming when she played it on Jools Holland as well.

There's probably quite a lot of it goes on that we never even hear about.

I wondered at that last night alright, and the same when they had Grace on after. Disappointing if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

New Order on the Other Stage! Sumner has put a bit of weight on.

389911.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I watched some of New Order and got bored. They're just not the same without Peter Hook.

STB. wrote: »
    New Order on the Other Stage!

Loving it! Definitely no miming here anyway! Bernard's voice is a bit shakey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I take it you've never been to Glastonbury?

It is definitely not mostly 18-35 year olds that go. Very wide range of ages that you'd not find at any other festival.

Adele back on. Struggling slightly with her vocals.

Maybe I'm getting too old but getting harder to find exciting performances

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

New Order playing "Perfect Kiss", another classic!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭greasepalm

dont mind adele as some of the songs i like,hope the neighbours dont mind the 7-1 sound wow.

Madness on the red button...

Snarky Snark Snark

Loving it! Definitely no miming here anyway! Bernard's voice is a bit shakey.

His voice has always been a bit dodgy live

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

adox wrote: »
    Adele back on. Struggling slightly with her vocals.

Maybe I'm getting too old but getting harder to find exciting performances

Am in same boat basically. Got New Order on at the moment as best of a moderate choice. Did like the Alex Turner band that was on earlier, Last Shadow Puppets or some name like that, songs were okay to decent and a lot of energy in the performance.

• Advertisement

His voice has always been a bit dodgy live

Yes but thought it was especially crackly there earlier. Seemed to warm up after a bit though.

Advertisement