Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Sheog wrote:
    How much were the tickets this year actually?

£230 altogether I'm nearly sure

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

:(

Sad face is not enough. Have had tickets every year since '95 and now will have to try my luck in resales.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Got tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

robinph wrote: »

Sad face is not enough. Have had tickets every year since '95 and now will have to try my luck in resales.

Surely there should be a pre sale for long-time attenders..
    Good luck in the resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

What are the chances of getting a ticket in resales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I've seen a lot of success in the resales and there are also secret resales. I missed out in the general for 2014 and found the resale much easier.
    i think it really comes down to determination, if you really want to go you will get a ticket in the end.

Confirmation email received! I am excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lameusername

It seemed ok last year. Follow see's tweets for secret ones too.

Edit:- didn't see your reply mince pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Very curious - when I was there last year for the first time I met loads of people who go every year. Given the degree of difficulty in getting the tickets, just how is this achieved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lameusername

Chelon wrote: »
    Very curious - when I was there last year for the first time I met loads of people who go every year. Given the degree of difficulty in getting the tickets, just how is this achieved?
    It just seems that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Would be nice if they gave us a super secret pre sale option of getting tickets, but then you'd just end up with a bunch of us old gits there and no n00bs getting a look in for tickets.

Neil from eFests didn't even manage to get a ticket this time, although he'll get in by some other means now if unsuccessful in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Chelon wrote: »

The first year I went I only had myself tryng and lucked out in the resale. This year we have a Glasto crew of at least 20 all trying for our group then other people you meet trying for other groups. Just the more you go, the more like minded people you meet and the more they try and help each other out.
    Efests is full of people trying for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of success in the resales and there are also secret resales. I missed out in the general for 2014 and found the resale much easier.
    i think it really comes down to determination, if you really want to go you will get a ticket in the end.

What's the deal with secret re sales? How does one avail of them? ;)

Sheog wrote: »
    What's the deal with secret re sales? How does one avail of them? ;)

You get lucky and happen to have clicked refresh on the ticket page at the moment they turn sales on. I managed to get tickets by just clicking the page for no reason the week after tickets sold out a couple of years ago, then once I'd got mine bought for my brother I told the rest of the internet via efests... about 30 seconds later the page was offline again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

You get lucky and happen to have clicked refresh on the ticket page at the moment they turn sales on. I managed to get tickets by just clicking the page for no reason the week after tickets sold out a couple of years ago, then once I'd got mine bought for my brother I told the rest of the internet via efests... about 30 seconds later the page was offline again.

What's your name on eFests mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

was this the week after the original October sale or the week after the April sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

was this the week after the original October sale or the week after the April sale?
    Ah no, it'll be April at the earlier as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Theres also volunteering work and bar staff work with GBC as other options, normally most folk would apply around November/December for these positions. You probably could volunteer for Glastonbury itself, but usually you volunteer through charity organisations like Oxfam etc. Melekalikimaka will be able to tell you more, he's like Paul on the Efests festival forums working the festivals for the last ten years or so.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

After the October sale a couple of years ago. Only happened the once though.

There would be more sales like that after the April sale as tickets end up not being paid for or returned for other reasons.

Wooderson wrote: »
    What's your name on eFests mate

Post on there very rarely these days. But was one of the regulars back in the early days when it first started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Mince Pie wrote: »
    The first year I went I only had myself tryng and lucked out in the resale. This year we have a Glasto crew of at least 20 all trying for our group then other people you meet trying for other groups. Just the more you go, the more like minded people you meet and the more they try and help each other out.
    Efests is full of people trying for each other.

Guess I'll have to recruit a few friends for the resale. Just watching highlights again from this year, very upsetting!!

So people who did get tickets...... who are we hoping for headliners? Id say Muse might be a good bet? Maybe the Foos since they were supposed to play last year. I'd say Disclosure will be on the bill too but not headlining. Would like to see The Weeknd also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hoping for: Radiohead, Prince, Fleetwood Mac.

expect: Foo Fighters, Coldplay, someone else who will have me far from the Pyramid field for a 3rd night.

if they play, Disclosure would probably headline the Other stage, dunno about The Weeknd, maybe subbing the Pyramid. don't know if Glastonbury would book him though.
    would love to see Kendrick Lamar play.

Coldplay.... Saw them on the Viva La Vida tour and they were immense but I've disliked every album since then and the direction they've taken really. Noel Gallagher is on tour in 2016 I think? I'd love to see him but I doubt he'll headline. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are working on a new album, dunno when It's gonna be out though...

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

According to the sun Adele, Coldplay and Foo Fighters are headlining next year, bit underwhelming if true personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    According to the sun Adele, Coldplay and Foo Fighters are headlining next year, bit underwhelming if true personally.

They are worth the ticket price alone

Adele as a headliner? I seriously doubt that. That newspaper will literally print anything and cite an undisclosed "source", absolute rag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ELO playing the Sunday afternoon it seems:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3276944/Chris-Evans-whispers-Glastonbury-headliner-Mark-Owen-s-ear-TFI-Friday.html

Evans had Jeff Lynne on his show recently so presumably that's how he knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Any idea when camping tickets will go on sale - Do they sell out quickly ? - hoping to get something in Worthy View ( I'm olde ; >!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

whatever76 wrote: »
    Any idea when camping tickets will go on sale - Do they sell out quickly ? - hoping to get something in Worthy View ( I'm olde ; >!)

2 seconds of Google

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/
    Worthy View accommodation for Glastonbury 2016 will go on sale to ticket holders in October 2015. Full details will be announced soon.

Advertisement