Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hearing predictions of Fleetwood Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

MadYaker wrote: »
    Hearing predictions of Fleetwood Mac

Its a fúcking endless cycle of Mac, Coldplay, Adele and ACDC. None of which appeal to me one iota.
    FM can go fúck a duck as far as I'm concerned, money grabbing ^&^&^&%^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

saw Fleetwood Mac in the 3Arena in June and it was one of the best gigs i've been to, would love to see them play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

saw Fleetwood Mac in the 3Arena in June and it was one of the best gigs i've been to, would love to see them play.

Mick's "solo" tho.

I'm not very enthusiastic about those rumours either to be honest. I was hoping for Muse 😔

• Advertisement

Adele seems to still be against doing big gigs, so looks like no chance of Glastonbury:

http://gigwise.com/news/103422/adele-says-no-to-glastonbury
    Speaking to London’s Capital Breakfast Show, the British star made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that the world renowned festival was not for her.

Watching Kanye West’s headline slot earlier in the year she said, in her usual unceremonious fashion, “I crapped my pants at the size of the crowd.”

She reiterated her stance, saying, “I think I’ve made myself pretty clear on Glastonbury, the crowds are just too big - I don’t know if I could do it.”

Delighted!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Campervan tickets for 2016 can now be booked:

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Unfortunately this probably means my hopes of getting a ticket and campervan ticket in April are now well and truly zero. :(

West campervan field sold out in 15mins, East is much bigger but I'd say they'll be gone fairly soon.
    All the Tipis sold out too, and nearly everything in Worthy View, only some larger scout tents left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Majority all sold out within 10 mins this morning - nuts !! thankfully got 4 person bunkpad .. I know I know not the full experience but couldn't be dealing with real campers - need small bit of comfort for the few days .... cant wait now !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

whatever76 wrote: »
    couldn't be dealing with real campers

Emmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Ouch sorry I didn't mean that :( - I meant to say real camping

• Registered Users Posts: 86,601 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adele seems to still be against doing big gigs, so looks like no chance of Glastonbury:

http://gigwise.com/news/103422/adele-says-no-to-glastonbury

Has she not confirmed now she is to headline or is that still all talk?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has she not confirmed now she is to headline or is that still all talk?
    no, it's just talk, although she has today announced big arena gigs for the first time, so maybe she has gotten over her fears of crowds.
    the tour ends 2 weeks before Glastonbury.

Ugh I really hope she isn't headlining. I know I can just go somewhere else when she's on but id rather a headliner I'll actually enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Adele you say?

♪♫ Hello from the ..

Untitled.jpg

♪♫

Guns N Roses are touring, would they be in with a shout for headliner? Id say they're far from a safe bet though considering Axl's past history....

LCD Soundsystem are touring as well, surely they'' be on the bill somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MadYaker wrote: »
    LCD Soundsystem are touring as well, surely they'' be on the bill somewhere?
    I'd say they're a definite..

.. gutted I'm missing it this year.. unless the resale proves fruitful (though I can't help but be pessimistic)!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Last Shadow Puppets announced for Cochella too, I'd imagine they'll be somewhere on the bill.

Would love to see GNR but I doubt they'd have them headlining. Not that they aren't big enough or anything, just because of Axl being such a headcase :pac:

When was the line up announced for last year again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Kettle316 wrote: »
    When was the line up announced for last year again?

April I think

• Advertisement

GnR are way too expensive for Glastonbury.

LCD could well happen, Other Stage headliners most likely, assuming they're not headlining Bestival or something instead.

The Strokes have announced a gig for 2016 too. Jaysus if I saw LCD, The Last Shadow Puppets and The Strokes I could die happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Interesting.
    I wonder would they have as much pull as Lionel/Dolly?

i doubt it, Dolly/Lionel were pretty much as big as they could get.
    before them it was Kenny Rogers, Paul Simon and Ray Davies so I guess this is more on that level...

Coldplay confirmed for Sunday night, no great surprise really.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/coldplay-announced-as-first-2016-headliner/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Hoping that people cancel their tickets now so that I can get some in the resale. No wish to see Coldplay, been there, done that, done that again, what seriously again Glastonbury, you're having a laugh.... Coldplay again!?!?!?!?

Just need tickets. Every year since '95 and then didn't get any tickets for this year. :(

I'd even wish for Kanye to play again if it meant that people cancelled so I could get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Coldplay confirmed for Sunday night, no great surprise really.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/coldplay-announced-as-first-2016-headliner/

Was always gonna happen. They're actually pretty good live but the last few albums aren't my cup of tea.

I'm guessing that Foo Fighters will be one of the other headliners after having to cancel last year. Then not sure about the third one.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Hoping that people cancel their tickets now so that I can get some in the resale. No wish to see Coldplay, been there, done that, done that again, what seriously again Glastonbury, you're having a laugh.... Coldplay again!?!?!?!?

Just need tickets. Every year since '95 and then didn't get any tickets for this year. :(

I'd even wish for Kanye to play again if it meant that people cancelled so I could get a ticket.
    vast majority of people going this year won't have seen them before in fairness.
    think i read before that there's 25% completely new attendees every year.
    they'll still be a huge draw, regardless of them playing 5 years ago...

Advertisement