Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I got the email telling me I need to pay the balance on my ticket. I am excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

MadYaker wrote: »
    I got the email telling me I need to pay the balance on my ticket. I am excited!

Got mine this morning. Never been so excited about being asked for money. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Funny - I felt exactly the same when the mail came through today - its getting oh the so close !!

Strong rumours on info gleaned from good sources that the poster is going to drop on Tuesday. I love the Glastonbury rollercoaster. Nothing like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Anybody flying in on the 6:35 am flight from Dublin to Bristol on Wednesday morning? There's three of us coming from Dublin, and we're hoping to share a taxi from Bristol Airport to the site. Either 1 other person to share a 4 seater, or 3 other people to share a 6 seater.

Should work out at around £12-15 each, which is cheaper and easier than getting a bus/train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

great announcement IMO, lots of quality in there.

16lup800pxwidea.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Some great acts there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Cracking line-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Wow. Wish we could have something even approaching that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I just noticed that St Paul and the Broken Bones have self confirmed for the Saturday on their website. http://stpaulandthebrokenbones.com/shows/

Great initial lineup. Made up for the slightly disappointing headliners.

• Advertisement

I just noticed that St Paul and the Broken Bones have self confirmed for the Saturday on their website. http://stpaulandthebrokenbones.com/shows/

Great initial lineup. Made up for the slightly disappointing headliners.
    great news, was looking forward to them last year before they cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

great news, was looking forward to them last year before they cancelled

Is that Alan Carr singing? :D

In all serious though I hadn't heard of them but really enjoyed that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pretty sure someone confirmed ages ago that BMTH are headlining the Other Stage one of the nights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Just paid off the balance oweing ..... woohooo !!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

balance paid roll on june

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Fingers crossed for the resale!!!!!!! Ek!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sheog wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for the resale!!!!!!! Ek!!

More than just my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Have they announced resale date?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Just paid off the balance for my ticket, I haven't this excited in a very long time :D

Best of luck to anyone trying in the resale!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Paid off too! Booyaka :D

• Advertisement

Paid off too! Booyaka :D

Is the Bear coming this year again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Is the Bear coming this year again? :D

Cant be leaving him behind!

Cant be leaving him behind!

Awesome, I 'll get you and the bear a nice cider at some stage. :D

D'Angelo has been added to the poster:
    http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

e: and now removed, the plot thickens...

here is the poster that was up on the site from about 16:00-19:30:

zmW0Jig.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Would love some Ambient and/or soundscape type artists like Ben Frost or Tim Hecker at Glastonbury, or even something more Minimal like The Field. I feel a lot of festivals play it way too safe with Electronic type Music. Floating Points though : )

nocoverart wrote: »
    Would love some Ambient and/or soundscape type artists like Ben Frost or Tim Hecker at Glastonbury, or even something more Minimal like The Field. I feel a lot of festivals play it way too safe with Electronic type Music. Floating Points though : )
    agreed, there's so much generic house and big room techno. some ambient/noise/soundscape stuff, along with proper industrial techno would be great. get the odd act here and there every year but nowhere you can definitely say would be playing some properly interesting electronic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

agreed, there's so much generic house and big room techno. some ambient/noise/soundscape stuff, along with proper industrial techno would be great. get the odd act here and there every year but nowhere you can definitely say would be playing some properly interesting electronic stuff.

Definitely! would love something like Moogfest on these shores, such a diverse and insane line-up of artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Resale dates announced, April 14th for coach package and April 17th for resale tickets, heres hoping from a newbie!!
    Anybody here have luck in the resales before or have I a better chance winning the Euromillions??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Layne wrote: »
    Resale dates announced, April 14th for coach package and April 17th for resale tickets, heres hoping from a newbie!!
    Anybody here have luck in the resales before or have I a better chance winning the Euromillions??!!

got tickets in the resale year before last, only time i had to try. Got through straight away without issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just booked my flights there!

Advertisement